Will you get the vaccine as soon as available to you?

aunt in-law is running her mouth on facebook calling my mother a deluded moron for getting the covid booster.

bitch, you have pancreatitis from your bout with covid in 2020, while my mother has no lingering effects at all with her post-vaccine bout in 2021.

1 Like

It’s bad enough for your AIL to think that thought, but to post it on Facebook is a much higher level of asshattery.

Yes, i would say facebook is not a place to criticize an individual person’s vaccine choices, period.

1 Like

Yeah, especially using words like “deluded moron”, but bad even without those words.

1 Like

Your AIL makes a good point though. Insulting somebody is the best way to convince them they’re wrong.

3 Likes

she has a fake name on facebook but she’s fb friends with my uncle and at one point i was like who is this crazy person posting all over my uncle’s page??? then i realized, oh, aunt in-law with a fake account. so i looked on her page and saw a bunch of shit trashing my mother and me. this was a few years ago. we got pissed, i replied, and as a result, she blocked me. for some reason did not block my mother, probably because i responded and my mother didn’t. most of her posts aren’t public anymore as a result of that, but anything she tags my uncle on my mother can still see, so she goes and looks sometimes cause she wants to get pissed. aunt in-law also logged into my uncle’s account and made him block me too.

aunt in-law thinks we don’t see it or something and claims she doesn’t want to fight.

my mother doesn’t tell my uncle when she sees it anymore cause then she’ll probably block her.

i will definitely bring up in casual conversation how grateful i am to the covid booster making my bout with covid really short if i’m ever forced to hang out with her. this isn’t the first time or even the worst things she’s said about us.

1 Like

Creating an alt to shit post about people she knows. She’d fit right in on the ao/goa forums.

2 Likes

it’s not an alt. it’s her only account. for some reason she doesn’t want to use her real name. i don’t know why with her busy life as a stay at home spouse.

but all her fb friends are similarly crazy right wing nut jobs, and not people she actually knows in person.

Still though. Using an anon account to trash talk your family. Is your uncle married to a 14 y/o girl? Is she polite to your face?

i rarely see her anymore thankfully, but the few times i do, she puts on a polite fake front.

in the past we had many family feuds stemming from her crazy in person though. she was a democrat prior to trump, but was always crazy.

if someone says they don’t want to fight but continues to shitpost me, i will tell them they are “not fighting” wrong

2 Likes

What that article doesn’t mention at all is the cellular immune response. There is growing evidence that the bivalent booster broadens the effectiveness of the cellular immune response. That reacts too slowly to prevent you from getting sick, but it helps you fight off the infection after a couple of days, and can easily make a difference between “sick for 3 days” and “sick for 2 weeks”.

The thing that bugs me is that original antigenic sin is well understood, but the powers that be are still insisting on starting everyone with the original vaccine (and new kids get vaccinated every month, even if pretty much all adults have been exposed) and there doesn’t seem to be any interest in testing an omicron or bivalent original series. Maybe there is research, and it’s just not in the news. But that seems like the thing to be looking at. (no, it won’t help you or me. But it might help a lot of kids.)

1 Like

possibly why i was sick for about 3 days and then it quickly got better. no way to know for sure.

What are the recommendations for the bivalent booster as far as length of time after the last booster (the one before the bivalent)?

I’m coming up on 6 months since my last booster.

Not that I want another one.

My daughter just got the bivalent and once again had a reaction and was out of commission for a day.

Getting my Shingles booster Saturday bc if I am sick at least I have a 3 day weekend. I am really tired of getting sick from vaccines.

from Stay Up to Date with COVID-19 Vaccines Including Boosters | CDC

I was expecting longer.

Dang, I was too.

I have been PEOPLE-ing!!

That’s just if you haven’t had the bivalent booster yet, right?

They’re not suggesting a bivalent booster every two months are they???

I had the initial two Pfizers in Spring 2001, a Moderna booster in November 2001 and a Pfizer bivalent booster in the fall. I assume I’m good.

I think yes, only if you haven’t had it.

ETA: and yes, now confirmed. From the same article (bold added)

1 Like

Kids got the booster yesterday. They never seem to get side effects, fortunately, and neither does my husband, just me.

1 Like