Will you get the vaccine as soon as available to you?

Id imagine its hard to keep track of every 10 years for it to not become never again

It’s in my medical records. A few years ago my doctor told me I was due for a tetanus shot. But yeah, if you don’t stay with the same medical practice, it could be an issue. Although… now that everyone is using MyChart, maybe that will be less of an issue.

(of course, my medical provider has just switched to MyChart, but hasn’t put any of my old records into it. So I now have, effectively, no patient portal at all.)

i don’t know what this “my chart” thing is, but i have medical records with my pcp on her portal and with various places where i got blood tests on their portals and a bunch of records on nyu lagone’s portal when i went to an nyu doctor for various things over the years and some things on new york radiology. it’s not all in one place.

i got the tetinus booster a few years ago at the emergency room. not sure where that record resides. i can look back at my facebook status updates for when i checked into the emergency room to remind myself when i got that booster, but my records are scattered everywhere.

oh and covid shots are with Walgreens and i think new york has record of that, but not my pcp.

Casey’s has breakfast pizza? I don’t think I"ve seen it at the one close to me. I guess it’s because I usually only end up there late at night.

I hear about it all the time on the radio…fwiw…:pizza:

Wife and I each got the senior-strength flu vaccine today. Wife (stuck almost 10 hours ago) just has a sore arm. For me (stuck 5 hours ago) the only definite indication is the bandaid on my arm.

1 Like

I didn’t know this was a thing. Is senior-strength stronger or weaker than middle-aged-strength? When does one cross the threshold from middle-aged to senior?

Asking for a friend. :grimacing:

Yeah my mother is getting senior strength flu vaccine. I think its stronger.

Mother is wrong

What is difference between senior flu shot and regular shot?

One flu vaccine recommended for older adults has the same amount of antigen as the standard dose vaccine. But it boosts the immune response by including an ingredient called an adjuvant.

Age 65 plus

I don’t know the official designation. I thought it was for 65+, but thought there were only 2 categories. CVS says this is what I got:

1 Like

That might be even better than my improved 5G reception

Definite? Or not. The bandaid is still on my left arm (about the be removed), and I know I was stuck in the left arm, but the official report from CVS says

Fortunately, no pain or stiffness in the right arm either.

I may have spoken too soon.

The flu shot arm is still not 100%, but I’ve been on a trip for the past few days, and it hasn’t interfered with my sleep, and is more comfortable than at this point in past flu shots.

We’ll see how it plays out when I get back home, and am sleeping on a firmer surface.

I’ll still seek out a kinder, gentler formulation next year.

2 Likes

Flu shot and COVID booster this morning.
Flu shot hurt going in. OK now, as it has been 15 minutes or so.

3 Likes

I decided to get my flu shot and my COVID bivalent shot a week apart, partially to isolate any aftereffects of the respective shots but also because I wanted both shots in my left arm which is a bit bunged up already with my rotator cuff injury. No significant reaction from either shot. All five COVID shots have been Pfizer.

My wife got both shots at the same time as you did but got the shots in different arms. No aftereffects either.

After my second COVID booster shot in June, I experienced rotator cuff pain (still have it). The doctor administering the shot gave it higher in my arm than usual and there was searing pain when he did it. I discussed this with my GP but she wasn’t sure whether my rotator cuff injury was from the vaccination or other causes. If you still have pain you might find the link on the subject to be interesting.

I got my 5th Moderna yesterday. I’ve not had a reaction after any of them.

2 Likes

got my father the bivalent booster today. everyone eventually got on board with the idea that they at first said no to, but then it was a matter of getting someone to the house to do it since it’s hard for him to get around.

now we wait to see if he has any side effects. he didn’t from the last booster which was pfizer, but had bad side effects from the original moderna series. then there was some confusion as to whether he actually got a booster last year since the city has no record of it. he got it in a nursing home and apparently they suck with their records. we got him pfizer again with the hope that he actually did get that first booster and him not having side effects is accurate.

1 Like

All five of my COVID shots, including recent bivalent, were Pfizer with no after effects from the drug. The doctor giving me the shot said Pfizer was better than Moderna in that respect.

Was curious as to whether there is any central registry in the US that maintains these vaccination records? Of course, the central records would be only as good as the information supplied by the entity that administers the shot.