Will you get the vaccine as soon as available to you?

Yeah, that was a reply to you. Dunno how it got linked to Actuary321.

I could certainly use both arms, every time. I can’t remember any vaccine that prevented me from doing that.

One of my unvaccinated friends just recovered from Covid and has now decided she’ll get the vaccine. Would have probably served her better to get it before getting Covid lol

5 Likes

I’m trying to decide if it’s better to have a grandmother who admits she doesn’t have the emotional bandwidth to care vs. the one who says and pretends she cares but shows by her actions that is not the case.

1 Like

the former. i hate liars

2 Likes

Wait, so you know BOTH of my kids’ grandmothers?! Small world.

Yes, my husband’s mother is cold, but my mother lives 15 minutes away and doesn’t make as much of an effort as I think she should, and both suck. But at least my kids can pick my parents out of a lineup.

Also, turns out when two people from dysfunctional families marry, their dysfunctional families don’t magically become functional upon the birth of grandchildren. Weird.

5 Likes

guys, i’m officially a joint member of the J&J AND Moderna posses!!!

I didn’t really feel the shot at all when he did it. I was confused. Like, errr, I hope that thing went in. With J&J, I had a shooting pain a second later, so I knew it went in.

9 Likes

My kids had 3 grandmothers just from their dad. The mom who birthed him, the mom who raised him and the one who was married to his dad during their lifetime. The first two are the pretender types, although each has her own style. The 3rd doesn’t really give a flip about my kids, but doesn’t pretend to. I’m kind of ok with that. She was never unkind to them.

My mom is perfect. OK, maybe not, but she cares and she shows it. They are in their 20’s and she still wants to hear about them, in an interested way, not a nosy way. I’m so lucky! I hope I can be like her.

4 Likes

My arm already hurts less than 4 hours later! With J&J it at least waited until the next day.

I barely felt it when they did it, but they most certainly did in judging now.

2 Likes

TAKING ADVIL NOW!

not sure why i put this off…

Yeah, the mRNA shots don’t hurt until your immune system responds.

I am now boosted and 10 minutes into my waiting period.

6 Likes

still resisting advil. not sure why.

1 Like

I think they recommend Tylenol, not Advil.

why?

I can’t remember, but I’ve heard that several places. Hubby was told to stay away from ibuprofen and take acetaminophen after his Moderna booster.

I haven’t gotten my booster yet.

I’m not sure the ideal time to wait after Pfizer, and I’ve heard conflicting things on whether to boost Pfizer with Pfizer or Moderna.

Advil recommends Advil for post-covid vaccination discomfort. Odd!

I thought advil harming covid patients was a myth, so i assumed so was not taking advil after the vaccine.

i thought the guy who gave me the vaccine said either, but i don’t remember now.

I think ibuprofen is fine, if that’s what you have, based on googling. I wouldn’t waste so much time researching the optimal pain killer that you end up doing nothing at all.

yep, same. i have both advil and tylenol in my apartment.

i might just do nothing at all though. tbd

Hmmm, I’m finding conflicting information. One study found that NSAIDs interfere with the immune response. Others didn’t find any difference. All were small.

Hubby was definitely told to take acetaminophen and avoid ibuprofen and other NSAIDs, and that was just last week.

But plenty of stuff on the internet says take either.

If I had both at home I’d probably take acetaminophen, but if I only had ibuprofen I’d probably take that. :woman_shrugging: