Which network are you watching for election results?

There’s an automated tutorial that covers the majority of the new functions, but not too many listen to @discobot

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

@discobot, tell me a story

@discobot display help

To answer the OP, i an watching my discord channel, plus i get news alerts on my phone from the WSJ, NYT, Reuters, NPR, and Al Jazheera. Hmm, I seen to have stopped getting alerts from WaPo, I should fix that.

When there’s some major news event, i get a lot of notifications.

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start {name-of-tutorial}

Starts an interactive tutorial just for you, in a personal message. {name-of-tutorial} can be one of: tutorial, advanced tutorial.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Do not overrate what you have received, nor envy others. He who envies others does not obtain peace of mind. — Buddha

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

I honestly didn’t realize that would invoke discobot, but everyone gets a “Greetings!” message upon joining that leads them through a tutorial.

On topic, I’m just following the election through a few reporters on Twitter, and the GoA threads.

I just ran through that! I don’t recall seeing any instructions on how to make the tutorial play until you posted this. It was fairly helpful. Would be useful to get a PM that launches it right off the bat.

The rising popularity of Newsmax and OAN due to their willingness to promote fake election news more than Fox:

Even though the Fox news reporters have not been generally promoting whackadoodle election fraud stories, the infotainment piece of Fox is what really still draws the eyeballs. Per the article: “Fox News remains the ratings king, with Tucker Carlson Tonight, Hannity, The Five and The Ingraham Angle accounting for the four most-watched cable news shows in total viewers in November.” I think most Fox viewers of these programs think of it as “news”. They don’t care to watch the actual Fox news reporting.

I watch all of them (I’m a liberal). While they’re not news, it’s the exact format too on CNN for prime time.

The Five is very obviously not news, since they are 5 ppl and they generally include 1 democrat for some slightly heated discussion.

I will occasionally watch the infotainment pieces on Fox and CNN, but really don’t like to consume too much of that type content. It is “educational” to understand what millions of other Americans choose to consume.

Trump will probably start calling Newsmax fake news now too. They started calling Biden president elect for the first time yesterday.

1 Like

I wonder why they’ve bothered, isn’t their whole business model providing “news” to those who want to fully buy in to the Trump Twitter feed? Basically something to fill the void between tweets.