Which GoA "stranger" has the most personality

I just got updated glasses this week (although I mostly wear contacts, tho those got updated too). I feel like I just upgraded my eyesight’s resolution

1 Like

I remember when I first got glasses :nerd_face: as a kid…riding home on my bike…how crystal clear & sharp everything was and how I didn’t realize until then that it was supposed to be that way.

2 Likes

Got Lasik over 5 years ago and have never looked back.

Barely remember a life with glasses.

Yeah! I think I have a pretty good idea of how I appear from my posts. I also think that isn’t IRL me.

1 Like

I picture all of you as variations of meep. Gay meep, meep with glasses, cat meep, echo meep, hates raisins meep, etc.

Oh, add meep to my list.

3 Likes

Crap, I left meep off my list too and should have added her.

um. u know what she looks like.

Fair, I forgot about the parenthetical in your OP. Carry on! I have met meep once irl.

this is hilarious.

1 Like

glasses are fashionable these days. I think my glasses are cool. Main issue with them is as you age, you cannot correct perfectly anymore for Presbyopia (I think it’s called). I have zero desire to get lasik for vanity purposes as I like glasses, but the only appeal of lasik is that I’d then only need to correct my vision for close up and I’d be fine for distance. Now my eyes are funky for both which means perfect for neither unless I wear one contact lense in one eye for close up and different correction for far away. It’s a big mess as you age. My glasses are adorable though.

meep is my bff

1 Like

says Manhattan meep

1 Like

I run into T-roy on the daily, still don’t really “know” him though.

1 Like

Yeah well mpc is hardly a stranger.

Glasses are a choice and a personality statement for me. I could get LASIK, but why?

I know here are risks with lasik. I’m not about to mess with my eyes unless I absolutely need to.

I was sort of tempted to avoid needing the one contact lense just to see perfectly for piano playing, but still not doing it.

2 Likes

Yeah, my vision isn’t that bad. It’s gotten to the point where I no longer drive halfway down the street before I notice I’m not wearing my glasses, but it’s not that bad at all. Definitely not worth even the small risks associated with LASIK. And LASIK doesn’t stop your vision from continuing to deteriorate. So in 5 years I’d need glasses again, just a slightly weaker prescription than what I have now.

For a while I couldn’t wear contacts because they didn’t make them weak enough for me… don’t need to revisit that.

If my vision were orders of magnitude worse than it is I’d probably do it. But it’s not, so no biggie. I certainly understand why others choose LASIK, but in my case the benefits are infinitesimal.

Lasik definitely should be done as young as you can get it done. Yes, everyone will need reading glasses past like age 45.

my eyes are extremely different from each other. I can see better with my right eye for distance and only need a weak prescription for that in my right eye, but my left eye is pretty much blind for distance and i need a strong prescription for that. It reverses for reading when the reading is very close. I can see way better in my left eye for that. So I basically take my glasses off to read rather than need reading glasses. I’m sure my left eye will likely deteriorate for reading at some point too. So as of yet, I don’t need reading glasses. They sold me on progressive lenses to have both reading and distance in one, but I find the progressive feature useless and too far down in the lense, thus I take them off to read.

For distance I think my eyes have stabilized in the past few years and haven’t changed. I don’t think that was entirely true in my younger years to consider lasik then.

Naw, if you are near sighted enough, you don’t need reading glasses. I might need them if i ever get cataract surgery, but barring that, I’m unlikely to ever need reading glasses.

I looked into getting lasik years ago, and decided not to partly because i would have needed reading glasses, and partly because my corrected vision is excellent, and would likely have been worse after lasik.

1 Like