Where are you in the vaccine line?

My result:

I don’t have to worry about getting the vaccine “too early”

Wow how are you so far back in the line?

Based on your risk profile, we believe you’re in line behind 144.1 million people across the United States.

When it comes to New Jersey, we think you’re behind 3.8 million others who are at higher risk in your state.

I’m actually surprised how far up it has me, I’m not sure that’s right.

It’s easy to play around with the tool. It groups people aged 18-30 together and puts them ahead of old(er) people like @meep. Why? No idea.

Perhaps trying out a new lifeboat strategy

Probably balancing the individual risk of infection against the risk of transmission – folks in the 30-50 age bucket might have slightly higher mortality risk (or risk of non-fatal complications) than 18-30 year-olds, but might also pose a far lower risk of transmitting the disease to others (since a lot of 30-50 year-olds are boring homebodies).

[The evening news last night was running a story essentially saying that anyone 18-30 who went outside was a homicidal maniac trying to kill old people; that they should just assume they’re infected. It was good for a WTF chuckle.]

1 Like

My understanding is that of healthy non-essential non-elderly workers, they’re planning to vaccinate younger people before older (but not elderly) people. I think it’s because of all the community spread we’ve seen in those age groups.

Based on your risk profile, we believe you’re in line behind 268.7 million people across the United States.

When it comes to North Carolina, we think you’re behind 8.5 million others who are at higher risk in your state.

And in Orange County, you’re behind 113,500 others.

Based on your risk profile, we believe you’re in line behind 126.5 million people across the United States.

When it comes to North Carolina, we think you’re behind 4.1 million others who are at higher risk in your state.

And in Johnston County, you’re behind 75,400 others.

Have fun at teh back, Tiff!

1 Like

Maybe we’d feel less homicidal if they shared their universal healthcare! :judge:

Essential worker is a bit misleading, as I believe I am in an essential industry, but would not classify as an essential worker. I can WTF full time, though other did need to go in for certain systems. I said no.

I’m not including the US number as it’s really irrelevant; doses are expected to be sent to a state and the state decides its distribution.

When it comes to Illinois, we think you’re behind 830,600 others who are at higher risk in your state.

And in _the county where I live_, you’re behind 8,200 others.

I’m older than Meep.

Based on your risk profile, we believe you’re in line behind 268.7 million people across the United States.

When it comes to California, we think you’re behind 31.0 million others who are at higher risk in your state.

And in your County, you’re behind 75% of the population.

Young folks spread disease more than old stay-at-homes like me

You’re not much older than me, iirc.

Anyway, I’m 46, fat, and female. My personal risk factors aren’t too bad, but Stu’s (59-ish, male, fat, cancer patient) are bad. But he doesn’t want to take the vaccine until it’s been tested longer. He’s concerned about adverse effects, which can also cause him a lot of trouble.

once they use all the nursing home residents as Guinea pigs we should have a good sense of side effects

1 Like

About the same as meep. Big variability depending on whether I check off “health risk” (alas, weight) or not.
Realistically, I’ll take it when it’s available and I’m not pushing anyone else out of line. Since a huge portion of the Alabama population seems to think this is all a hoax and vaccine is just a Democratic ploy of some kind, I suspect it’ll be readily available to me long before my “place” in line.

True.

Fascinating since other states assumed trump is marketing cat piss just to claim he accomplished something

2 Likes

Yeah if I say “I’m essential” I’m 126.5M, if I remove that I come in at like 265 M or pretty much one step ahead of the anti-vaxxers who won’t be showing up anyway.

1 Like

I don’t get why I am standing in line behind children and young adults and a bunch of “others”. Once we take care of the elderly, the list of special professions, and those with health conditions, I think you would just go by age descending at that point. I could see being in the bottom third, but last 10%?

I’ll let me boss know I’ll see him in 2022.