When would you retire?

I would make sure my team had everything they needed from me, and try to train some people in the tasks I do. I would not spend more than 2 weeks on it though. At that point Im out.

No chance i work as an actuary if I have the money I want.

1 Like

Hello, kindred spirit.

2 Likes

In the past year Iā€™ve set aside some time here and there for, basically, tinkering. Think rewiring an old lamp. If I donā€™t have a deadline itā€™s so much more enjoyable.

Maybe at some point Iā€™d want to get back to work with a job Iā€™d be passionate about. But for a while, itā€™d be nice just to have a lot of time to get things done not on a schedule. If that makes sense.

3 Likes

Iā€™d be my own best customerā€¦

3 Likes

Ew.

1 Like

I retire every 5 years, or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first.

This. Id just want to write programs and run them about 20 hours per week then take the rest of the week off. I probably could get as much done as some actuaries working 40 hours

I plan on retiring well before I have the resources to do it. Like 55-60.

men in my family dont live long. too many died before retirement.

and one retired at 55 , then unretired at 65 when he ran out of money.

You want to start working in the mall??

2 Likes

no need to retire when you never tire. contact me for pills

1 Like

Maybe thatā€™s my barista fire. Spend six weeks working in Patagonia so I can afford to go to Patagonia.

1 Like

The co-founder of Northface died in Patagonia

The best part of vacation is not having to set an alarm, I wake up on my own schedule.

I think once I exit the work force it will be very hard for me to return. I already have trouble going back to work after a long vacation.

1 Like

My sister is a cpa and makes far more money than i do.

1 Like

Would she make more than you if you were an FSA tho?

Yeah, on average actuaries make more, but thereā€™s certainly overlap, no question.

Yes. I dont think your pay increases that much in pensions merely by going from asa, ea to fsa

1 Like

The cpaā€™s i know do extremely well. I dont know that actuaries make more

I retired when I was 58; one of the best decisions I ever made. I donā€™t play golf but fill my time with other enjoyable activities.

1 Like

On average they do, but a lot of overlap.

1 Like