• 10:00am
  • After 10:00am

0 voters

0 commute times allows for an early bird

2 Likes

It’s 7:00-3:15 in the office
More like 8:00-4:00 remote

don’t set an alarm, usually logging in around 7

Used to be 7 or 7:30 pre-pandemic. Now it’s more like 8:30 when I go into the office, and 9 when I don’t. Sometimes as late as 10 depending on the day.

Or a late night-before, then crawl to the next bedroom at 10.

Poll needs a “Whenever the Fuck I want (unless there is a meeting/CE seminar)” option.

Officially 9 AM. Unofficially, I’m often signed in around 8 AM +/- 1/2 hour.

The official time isn’t actually official, I just don’t start feeling like I’m going to miss something until then. The work day is 7 hours but I’m usually around until 5 or 6 PM. Sometimes with naps in between.

Nobody actually makes me work any particular time (unless it is a client engagement, then I have to be there regardless of time of day). I like my job flexibility.

Depends on when i wake up and what I ahve to do int he morning before work.

I always for to 7-11 to get my wife a coffee.
Sometimes I help my elderly dad with stuff before the day gets going.
Sometimes I have to bring my son to the bus stop (like when it’s shitstorm raining out).
Sometimes we get a bit randy and stay in bed a little extra.

So anywhere from 6:30 to 8:45 I’m logging in. Usually stay logged in (notice I didn’t say I was working…) until around 4:30 or 5.

1 Like

there’s gotta be better places for coffee around you lol

wtf workaholic.

I’ve been taking full advantage of the WFH perks. Log in about 7:15, then walk my daughter to school and walk back from about 8-8:30 when I log back in, although if she’s off school then I usually log in just before 8

Fixed that, according to BGcrazy’s edification.

I usually get to work within an hour or two after I get to the office.

4 Likes

I get on my computer around 6:30 or so. If there is stuff to do it’s a great time to do it. If not I do stuff like read the news, pontificate on my 2 forums, and look at sneakers and golf club stuff.

Well, I generally come in at least fifteen minutes late. I use the side door, that way my boss can’t see me. And after that, I just sorta space out for about an hour. I just stare at my desk but it looks like I’m working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch too. I’d probably, say, in a given week, I probably do about fifteen minutes of real, actual work.

9 Likes

Generally I’m somewhat flexible about my actual work hours, since I’m an “individual contributor” and have some complications in the area of work-life balance.

If I’m at home and awake, my work PC is probably on, connected, and unlocked. Admittedly, sometimes it’s unlocked because I have a tungsten cube sitting on the Ctrl key – officially a security risk, but since I’m the only person who’s been in this room in years, and I do lock up the computers before I leave the house, my conscience isn’t bothered.

I switch between “work” and “personal” modes on an irregular basis, depending on what needs doing in both arenas.

More often than not, I take my first look at emails sometime between 8 and 8:30, and my team usually has a huddle at 8:30.

On those couple of days each month when I go into an office, I usually aim to get to a desk between 7:45 and 8, in order to get set up, emails checked, and thoughts in order before the 8:30 meeting.

When at home, it’s not uncommon for me to do “actual work” from 9 to 1, and then again for a couple of hours after dinner in the evening, 6 or 7 days a week. But those hours change depending on the projects du jour at work, medical appointments for my wife and I, the chores that need doing at home, and my wife’s preferences. (Brain damage from a car accident means that she has an erratic sleep schedule, etc.)

I actually prefer doing my “real work” in the evenings/at night, since I have fewer interruptions from other people at work.

She likes their coffee. Plus its a 1/4 mile from the house.

I make sure and take a lot of breaks. I wish I could nap, though.

I WFH and start at 8:30 almost every day. I’m not really a morning person but the bulk of my coworkers are an hour ahead of me and that seems like a decent balance.

1 Like

8ish most days.