What's your favourite fish to eat?

Sashimi if I’m eating out. I like to cook whole white-flesh fish in the wok, such as different types of snapper, barramundi, skate and scup. I will make fish bone broth out of bones and heads. I also like to cook Kodiak, Copper River or Faroe Islands salmon and Ocean Trout in aluminum foil in the oven.

x1000

1 Like

The fresher the better.

We’ve been eating a lot of catfish lately, bc hubby accompanied some family on a little fishing trip last fall. Best part is he cooks it.

1 Like

Oddly, outside my area I find few restaurants that serve a whole fish

I have one restaurant where inleterslly order.

What did he catch today? I want it whole and broiled.

For the combination of taste and texture, my wife and I prefer farmed to wild. Maybe influenced in that we’re buying in the supermarket. But both types are bought never frozen

Crap, I forgot about unagi. Eels are fish, people. I could just about eat my weight in unagi.

1 Like

Gold, salty and crunchy and straight from the bag. :wink:

I had salmon once with a thick pesto sauce. That was really good but I love pesto.

I love halibut for fish 'n chips. And lotsa malt vinegar!!! :yum:

1 Like

Seabass. Not even close.

If it’s raw: salmon

I think over 50% of the white people I’ve dated don’t eat fish/seafood.

:face_vomiting:

I like eel well enough, but it’s far from my favorite fish.

Halibut and salmon are my favorites. Swordfish is good but not good for you. We commonly eat cod too.

interesting. I always thought it was a quirk.

My dad used to like swordfish, but it was never one of my favorites. When I learned it was one of the riskiest fish to eat, I stopped eating it. But in retrospect, I wonder if he over-cooked it, and if I’d like it better if I tried it today.

I’d only had swordfish a couple of times but it was very tasty. It’s one of the high-contaminated fish so I choose salmon or halibut.

I think it tastes less “fishy” than many fishes.

why am I the only person who mentioned seabass :face_with_monocle:

I wouldn’t swear I’ve never had it, but I have no recollection of what it tastes like.

Wonder what you mean. The most common restaurant option like that is Chilean sea bass, whose real name is Patagonian tooth fish, and which is not really sea bass. https://www.thedailymeal.com/what-is-chilean-sea-bass/5714 I’ve had it, and liked it, but prefer salmon.