What's up with the ao?

I mostly played up my post count because people like TDA cared.

I’m sad the ao is gone… 2020 sucks.

snoo, do you know the ip trick to get to it still? it will eventually die entirely, but you can still get to it with this for probably the next few days:

http://204.232.242.165/actuarial_discussion_forum/index.php

Thanks! I didn’t know that. Are you able to post or just see it?

can still post!

Thanks. I had no idea what happened when the AO went blank. I didn’t think they would shut it down without warning or a notice on their homepage.

I found this site by Googling on something like “What happened to the AO”.

I assume you moderators saved the political forum on the AO, I should have thanked you for that earlier.

2 Likes

Hi guys! Thanks to ao_fan for getting Mod1 to point me to the back door and pointing me to this site.

I missed everyone!

1 Like

I don’t believe the political forum, and more importantly the reverse suicide game (just kidding, political is more important) is saved anywhere. I’m not sure how we would go about doing that, although if you do I would be willing to try to save it, depending on how much storage would be required.

[quote=“Indy, post:110, topic:166, full:true”]

If you want to quote here, just highlight the text. A floating ‘quote’ will show up, click it, and done. No need for tags.

OMG

And you earn a badge too!

oooh, fancy

neato

ditto

I’m constantly quoting posts on the ao and deleting the portion that I’m not replying to. This is a nice upgrade on quoting.

1 Like

If you have issues with seeing the word “quote” instead if the tags working, add a carriage return so the tags have their own line.

iatp

This feature makes ao look archaic

twig –

I didn’t mean save the posts to a new site. My impression was that the AO political forum was about to be shut down completely a few years ago, but it wasn’t because the moderators did a good job of getting it “moderated”. (Maybe my impression was wrong.)

It is my favorite Discourse feature so far.

1 Like

If you haven’t checked, you can probably find them on the wayback machine, so they won’t technically be gone.