What's the proper way to do a three way?

Tom the office manager was told by his boss that he had to eliminate one of his two reports, Jack & Jill.
He felt they were very equal employees and didn’t want to pick one over the other
So he decided, whoever came into his office first would be the one he fires

A few minutes later Jill enters the office.

Tom asks her to sit down. “I have something important to tell you. I have to either lay you or Jack off…”

before he can finish Jill says “then jack off and leave me alone”

3 Likes

Not really

1 Like

Obviously not! It means “let’s go to Skyline”. Or perhaps Gold Star or Blue Ash Chili if you prefer.

It would be difficult to overstate the love Cincinnatians have for their Cincinnati chili. Seriously, I have explained to adults in their 40s that 3-way doesn’t mean spaghetti, chili and cheese to non-Cincinnatians … only to be met with a confused stare and a question along the lines of “Well what does it mean? Spaghetti and chili and beans???”

I mean, I’ve never been to Cincinnati but I know what Cincinnati chili is. And I’m quite frankly offended.

I wouldn’t normally choose to put chili on spaghetti, but that part of Cincinnati chili is OK. It’s the heavy use of cinnamon that I don’t care for. I like cinnamon in many things, but don’t want it to be one of the key flavors in my chili.

So, they’re idiots, eh?

I think I learned the term three way and five way, as it pertains to chili, somewhere in college.

Growing up we had a diner in Joplin, MO called Fred & Red’s that was basically an institution. Their ‘spaghetti red’ was spaghetti with bean-less chili. Served with a side of pickles and white onion, and Parmesan was available.

It was a classic diner with only stools at the U-shaped counter, about 20 seats total. It’s still there, under new management but they got the recipes when they bought the place so it’s pretty much unchanged since like 1950.

1 Like

And therein is the danger of ending your sentence with a preposition (proposition???)

Why was a new thread created? These belong in the original thread. And the last one isn’t even about chili.

I have never heard of a food item called a three way before reading this thread. I’ve been familiar with the other meaning for ages.

1 Like

You poor poor soul. If you’re ever in Cincinnati or a college town within a 100 mile radius or anywhere in the state of Ohio, head to Skyline and try one.

Naw, honestly, that doesn’t even sound appealing. I’m a picky eater. Sometimes chili is okay, it depends what’s in it.

I guess i eat spaghetti with meat sauce and cheese. I could think of this as a weirdly seasoned meat sauce… But I’m not a huge fan of spaghetti, i eat it because someone serves it to me.

That’s basically what Cincinnati chili is. It’s a lot closer to spaghetti sauce than chili, but decidedly different from either due to the unique blend of spices. It has no beans in it, although you can add beans as a topping.

And it’s actually Greek in origin. It was started by a Greek couple who moved to Cincinnati and bought a property on a hill with a great view of the Cincinnati skyline and opened a restaurant. They served just the chili by itself for a while until a customer suggested that they serve it over spaghetti and the phenomenon that is Skyline Chili was born.

Man… now I really want a 3-way.

4-way with onions ftw

I don’t like raw onions, but to each their own!

Or a hot taco?

Our friends from Canada would say a proper 3 way is French fries, brown gravy and cheese curds. They’re not wrong. That’s an effing good 3 way.

2 Likes

Tomato juice, clam juice and vodka, however. Not a good 3 way

1 Like

Also, why does every bar and restaurant have a Caesar on the menu? What the hell, Canada?