What’s next for Liz Cheney?

Oh, I just noticed that CNN has called it. Not surprising, but drat.

Cheney conceded per a news report I saw.

Final polling had her 28 percent behind. Currently she’s about 31% behind or within the margin of error as they say.

1 Like

What? No hand recount request? No voter fraud claims? Are we sure she was a Republican?

2 Likes

Mad props.

2 Likes

To be fair, it was Democracy that dismissed her. The people of Wyoming told her to get lost. You do love Democracy, don’t you?

You based your personal opinion of her, that you posted yesterday, on the votes of the people of Wyoming that hadn’t been released yet?

If they had voted her into the primary, you would now take things this family says at “face value”?

1 Like

Yes, I would have respected the Democratic decision of the people of Wyoming. But yesterday and before it was plainly obvious she was going to lose. She was resoundingly defeated by a 35+% margin, so the choice of Wyoming was decisive. Constituents in WY apparently don’t care about anti-Trump virtue signaling and, ostensibly (lol), this Liz of the Cheney political dynasty was in Congress to serve the interests of her WY constituents.

I’ve said before, I think the primary system is stupid.

I also hate people, which, much like the Founders, gives me mixed feelings at best about Democracy.

Maybe, but you do love Democracy right? I was half expecting you to say that Democracy is just mob rule and is terrifying.

Also this is incorrect. If they didn’t care, she would still be in power.

Like you, and like me, and like everyone else, they care a lot about the Big Lie. They just happen to care about it in the wrong way.

6 Likes

The Primaries are a dumb implementation of Democracy. It is Democracy done wrong. You can love having sex, but still disregard a poor implementation of having sex.

2 Likes

Fair enough. Constituents in WY apparently don’t support anti-Trump virtue signaling. Or maybe they’re just sick of the Cheney oligarchs. It is a bit interesting to see so many otherwise intelligent people for some reason support this Liz oligarch lady. Why? Just because she also doesn’t liek Trump? Oof, that’s not really a good look for Democracy.

Like you, they either want the Big Lie to be true, or for it to be acceptable. If they didn’t care they would have reelected her on the same exact grounds that they initially elected her the previous three times.

2 Likes

Or for their guy to be free to overturn an election and install himself as supreme leader for the good of the country, and anyone that dares oppose that is the enemy.

No question Cheney is about as conservative as they come. That doesn’t matter anymore.

2 Likes

The Big Lie is already acceptable in various forms. We just had 4 years of teeth gnashing about Russia altering the outcome of a Presidential election, followed by riots after his election, and numerous highly respected Democrats like Maxine Waters and Sheila Jackson Lee objecting to the EC certification. Later, we had Stacey Abrams refusing to concede after losing to Brian Kemp, which is embarrassing, but not to worry - Stacey got rich afterward so it turned out okay for her. Then we had a literal riot at the Capitol over similarly vague and unsubstantiated allegations over alteration of the 2020 election results. Then we had Biden ranting about “Jim Crow 2.0” and “who gets to count the vote” and implying that one’s vote may not count at all! The Big Lie is part of the fabric of American politics. Storming the Capitol, however, is not.

Jim Crow 2.0 is about two insidious things: voter suppression and election subversion. It’s about making it harder to vote, who gets to count the vote, and whether your vote counts at all.

1 Like

It’s clearly not acceptable enough for the Republicans of Wyoming, which is why they overwhelmingly threw out Liz Cheney.

And it’s not acceptable enough for you, which is why we have this thread. You need it to be more acceptable. I don’t understand your reasons or feelings behind that, but it’s clear that your thoughts on Cheney are driven by that need.

1 Like

I think it’s clear that I don’t like Neocons and to a lesser extent the idea of oligarchs like the Cheneys. Apparently that’s an unpopular opinion here. I had no idea there would be so many Neocon and oligarchy supporters here.

I dislike Cheney.

Of course I suspect I’ll like her replacement even less.

No, it’s not clear at all. It could be you don’t like neocons and oligarchs, or it could be that those feelings are driven by your deeper feelings for Trump.

Liz Cheney would not exist as a matter worth dwelling on in your mind, if it weren’t for her 2020 vote.

I’m no shrink, but it’s obviously to everyone here, if not to yourself, that you need to do some soul searching.