What did you do this weekend?

Took the family to Aberdeen to do the Castle trail and hit paydirt today with dry and sunny weather at Dunnottar Castle near Aberdeen.

Great day for pictures!

6 Likes

Iā€™m melting, Iā€™m melting!!!

Took my son to practice riding his bike, took foster son to visit his dad and sister, and now about to quilt for the night.

1 Like

I think you misspelled quit.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Friday: grilled salmon, took a walk on boardwalk for dessert

Saturday: Beach 11 - 9. grilled lamb chops.

Sunday: walking to Fire Island for a band we follow

Is the tide out?

Asking for a friend.

Iā€™ve heard you have to ride a ferry to get there.

I have heard that Fire Island is a cool place. Also assumed you had to take a ferry to get there.

its around a 5 mile walk, but doable. My first time, will let you know

Had a few beers and a Philly cheesesteak sandwich earlier. Then a dip in the pool and hot tub. Chicken curry happening soon. Itā€™s a good day.

parked at Robert Moses, which i didnā€™t realize is technically on Fire Island

than walked 6 miles to the bar we were going to, with a pre-bar on the way

umpired (checks schedule) 6 baseball games for the local association year end tournament. Ages 9 and 10/11. Huge jump in skills across the groupings, but a fun weekend. was warm in the gear though

2 Likes

I thank you for your service!!

Iā€™ll be reffing some AYSO matches at the National Games in a couple of days.

1 Like

Not this weekend but next. Have two boats chartered, 9 of us going on lake Erie for walleye. Out to the big waters, with pros who will put us on fish.

1 Like

You & college students?

Not this time. I have friends my own age lol.
Actually one. One of the guys bailed so I threw it out to a student who had recently gone fishing with me and heā€™s coming along. Most of them are from our moose hunting crew.

2 Likes

I spent the weekend figuring out what gadgets in the house were fried after a few hours of thunderstorms training over the house on Friday.

(The tally seems to be one control circuit in the HVAC and one computer. Could have been worseā€¦)

1 Like

not sure ive ever had to pour one out for a surge protector that gave its life in service. hoping i nver have to

Ahā€¦looks like I can add at least one surge protector to the list of casualties. I just noticed that the ā€œprotectedā€ light on the strip the computer was plugged into was out.

I guess that semi-answers the question ā€œwhy THAT computer?ā€ It is/was a Raspberry Pi. Admittedly it was connected to a GPS antennaā€¦

Where do you do this at?