What could go wrong?

This thread is for me to post about decisions that make me ask, what could go wrong?

And, if this forum lasts long enough, I can then come back here and say, I bet you didn’t see that one coming didn’t you?

1 Like

This just in, former smartest guy in the room Jeff Skilling launches another company. Why he would do so is obvious.

What’s not so obvious to me is, why would anyone want to work for the guy who was responsible for the whole Enron fraud thing? Apparently, he has convinced some people from McKinsey to join him. Probably some really smart guys just like him. Or not.

Why would you guys do that

1 Like

I didn’t realize he was released, when it was actually 2018 that he was moved to a halfway house and 2019 fully released.

I still think of him as Tom Skilling’s brother. Tom is a well known Chicago celebrity - he’s the WGN weatherman emeritus.

1 Like

This happens a lot to me at my Kroger. The packaging is not at all distressed either. How and WHY would anyone do this.

The broken ones lost all their calories when broken (or so said my grandma).

2 Likes

I’ll use them in my ice cream later. But that’s half the fun, crunching the cookies into the ice cream mix.

Ok, health question…

Oh, you know what I’m gonna ask.

Toilet paper dispenser I used recently:

The paper comes out pre-crumpled, but in a way that is not conducive to doing its job. Also looks like it would be a pain to replace the roll, and if it tears off too close to the hole it would be very difficult to get it started again.

It’s guaranteed that the last person had to touch that piece in order to tear it off from the rest of the roll. Maybe they even struggled with it. :shutters:

Hadn’t though of that. :grimacing:

People have asked the same thing about Deutsche Bank and Trump :man_shrugging:

Uhhhh, let me get this straight. Russia, the country that regularly launches its own people into space shoots down a satellite and makes a debris field that will threaten its own Kosmonauts for decades (centuries?) to come…

wut where they thinking, they have two of their own on the ISS right now…

…y tho?

Cases at an all-time high…

picard face palm incoming

Because we can’t have nice things.

The shortened it because:
The change is motivated by science demonstrating that the majority of SARS-CoV-2 transmission occurs early in the course of illness, generally in the 1-2 days prior to onset of symptoms and the 2-3 days after. Therefore, people who test positive should isolate for five days and, if asymptomatic at that time, they may leave isolation if they can continue to mask for five days to minimize the risk of infecting others."

Venture capital firm invests in new company founded by the WeWork guy despite being aware of the WeWork debacle:

2 Likes