What could go wrong?

Was it OK for him to call her, “girl?”

1 Like

The Concordat of Worm

Brainwashed man decides to bring not one, but apparently two soon-to-be motherless children into the world:

1 Like

Good luck Billy!

if you don’t want the click on the link – the rule change would allow a single pilot to fly some planes, rather than requiring a copilot.

Seems like a very bad idea.

For starters, there aren’t two pilots in the cockpit at all times: there’s two pilots on board at all times. One might be in the bathroom. The US requirement is one pilot and two people in the cockpit at all times. So if one pilot is in the restroom a flight attendant comes and sits in the other seat. Germanwings didn’t have this rule… if they had the plane likely would not have crashed. The flight attendant could have unlocked the door and let the other pilot in. But if the pilot in a single-pilot aircraft needs to use the bathroom and there’s a problem while he/she is in there then what?

There’s a myriad of examples of a pilot becoming incapacitated in flight, the article only mentions a few. And even if it’s only on cargo flights, those can still have consequences to those of us on the ground (see 9/11). In addition to the pilot himself/herself who might survive if the plane lands safely.

Also when there’s a problem is when it’s especially helpful to have a second set of eyes/ears/hands. Even a minor one.

My father once flew on such a small commercial jet that he sat in the copilot seat. At some point, the pilot got a message from flight control about another plane nearby. They were in a cloud, and couldn’t see the other plane. The pilot turned to my father and asked him to keep an eye out for it.

He referred to that carrier as “white knuckle airlines”.

Wow, sounds like the detractors are already likening it to prohibition.

Man currently charged with fraud continues to communicate with the public while out on bail:

You would think this guy might consider following the advice of his lawyers, especially considering his parents. So who is advising this guy and/or why won’t he follow their advice?

im not sure humility and advice of others really shows up a lot for the super tech bros.

Yeah, I guess when you are the “smartest person in the room”, you don’t always listen to the advice of others.

IFYP

1 Like