What are you doing tonight?

I keep wanting to read your post this way.
:grimacing:

And you know that there are some candidates who think that way, too.

1 Like

Marking, like this? (actual screenshot from one of my assignments):

1 Like

Didn’t get around to much music. Had a few drinks and scored four old wall sconces for our impending master bath remodel.

They are cast iron, which makes me think they are ca 1890-1910, but they appear to have always been electrified so I’m guessing 1910-1920.

2 Likes

Sandblast and paint? Or install as is?

Two are black and two are white. If it were up to just me, I might still leave them as-is, but my wife wants them to match, so I’ll strip them and paint them. I’ll also re-wire them since they have the original cloth wire. And you can sort of see in the pic, they had globes. Once I figure out what size globes I need I’ll start shopping, thinking milk glass would look nice, maybe with hobnails.

I spent north of 20 hours, in person and online, just to find sconces - and I still have to restore them. I love old houses but it’s a lifestyle.

So is swinging.

(Or so I’ve heard)

1 Like

Stupid headache kept me from getting a good night’s sleep. Had to pop a Tylenol at 5:00 a.m.

1 Like

Tylenol can be a bad combo with alcohol.

https://www.goodrx.com/blog/tylenol-and-alcohol/

There was no likker last night, just a stupid headache… :face_with_head_bandage:

Hopefully liquor, my spouse, and sleep.

Tonight:
Dinner
Clean up
Jeopardy!
Two episodes of Ozark
(maybe sex?)
Sleep

Maybe not in that order?

Grading.

Is anyone else going to NOLA in a few weeks? PM me if you are and want to give up your identity to meet.

Supposed to be: Studying.
Actually: dealing with a friend who’s got a panic business problem. 2 hours on the phone and now I’m wired. Plus, bonus conversation about investing in my startup.
Tan from annoyed thoughts: I just got hammered on marks for an assignment. Catastrophic level, and that just.does.not.happen. But I just got an email blast from the prof talking about how he’s getting inundated with emails about concern over performance and feeling overwhelmed.

2 Likes

Foster training. So boring.

I failed at carrying out last night’s agenda.

1 Like

:therethere:

1 Like

Playing silly poker games.

Did bar trivia (we won!)

Played volley ball (we won!)

Baking cookies.

2 Likes