Ways in which I still act like a kid

I will pick olives or mushrooms off anything I eat and throw them away/to the side

2 Likes

I still can’t eat carrots

So… I’ve never had an egg with soy sauce. I don’t know why, it sounds amazing. Should I use regular or dark soy for this?

I’m surprised you know what dark soy is.

Regular soy sauce is always the way to go. Dark soy is mostly used for color. Also, make sure you fry the egg with high heat. Crispy edges + soy = heaven

I’m always surprised to see fried egg on American breakfast without any condiments. Do white people just use salt and pepper? I don’t think people use ketchup for fried eggs.

salt, pepper, hot sauce

I love a fried egg as extra moisture on food. Even pancakes, then need less syrup

1 Like

I’m a man of taste and refinement. Kiss my dolphin ring, plebes.

I do often eat eggs with just S&P. But lately, I got some chili crunch and that is 11/10 on a fried egg, preferably over easy, thanks. Usually with bacon on some kind of toast.

I’ll give it a whirl with soy sauce. I do have regular and dark on hand, currently my regular is some variety of San-J. I tried the super fancy stuff that’s hand made in wooden vats in Japan and I honestly think San-J is just as good.

3 Likes

Also, if you make a ham egg cheese sandwich with fried egg, add soy sauce to the egg. It really makes a difference.

1 Like

I will pick the dirty, nasty, evil, vile, reprehensible, tax-cheating, wife-swapping, devil-worshipping rai-SINS out of desserts and throw that :poop: in the compost bucket!!!

2 Likes

cereal - no
candy - no
cookies - no
bread pudding - ok
Sweet & Sour sauce (stuffed cabbage) - yes

This about 90% of the time. Olives are the 1 food I still have an actual dislike for, but I am coming around on mushrooms.

how about a nice dirty martini

agree on olives

my wife loves olives

Not much of a gin fan, although I did enjoy Monkey 47(?) recently (and I am told it isn’t all that great by UK standards) so there is the potential. But since I am not a gin fan, I have not even tried a martini, much less a dirty martini.

I do enjoy a good Mexican martini with pepper stuffed olives, but I give the olive to my wife to eat. She loves olives.

I still want to get revenge on people when they do things that I don’t like them to do to me. I think it, I want to do it, but I don’t carry it out thankfully (Did I just grow up?!?!)

Recent one that I almost did carry out: A guy at my craft beer club makes fun of me, my sports state, the players, my college, etc… He went to the bathroom and I took a permanent marker and ALMOST drew a WI symbol on his beer mug. Another guy had to stop me (thankfully). The beer mugs are “customized” with markers with most of the club members - I didn’t think it was a big deal at the time - BUT it would have been. 4 y/o T-roy came out.

So you’re good on eating recycled raisins . . .

1 Like

I am still known to mix flavors of soda when I am at a fast food restaurant that gives me unfettered access to the soda fountain.

How different is this than the fabled Arnold Palmer (mix of iced tea and lemonade) drink?

In the midwest, there’s a fast food chain called Culvers known for it’s frozen custard as well as burgers and chicken fingers. It’s not nationwide (yet).
I usually order their kids meal, because the kids meal itself probably has nearly 2000 calories between a hamburger, fries, soda, and a small-ish ice cream sundae.

And for some reason Arizona (I think it’s just popular for midwesterners to vacation/move there). Whenever I’m there I can always get midwest delicacies like Culvers and deep dish pizza no problem.

Same except onions and olives. Mushrooms are good.

There is at least 1 in Austin.