Waiting to propose

Lol. I generally say 'still having those control issues in the kitchen are we?".
In my defence, they very much have issues with other people - ie. me - doing stuff in their kitchen.

well, convincing the other party of the pre-nup requirement is one reason.

Different times for deciding to propose, proposing, proposal discussion and moratorium, ring purchase, and proposal acceptance. There was also a period of separation so unsure if you count time from the first date or only time together counts. Complicated.

say sign this prenup or else you won’t get this big ass diamond I bought

Humblebrag

My wife also helped choose the ring, but it was pre-proposal.

We were fast.
Dating → Proposal: 3 months
Proposal → Marriage: 3 months.

This is insanely fast. I’d never do this.

100% agree. It worked out super well for us and 11 years later still going strong, but I look back on it and think what idiots we were as we didn’t truly know each other and that we got lucky.

That’s not considered fast in the community I live in (Jewish). I was four months to engagement, three months to marriage.

Yeah I’d need 2-3 years minimum

Lisa Vanderpump married her husband after 3 weeks or something ridiculous, when she was like 21.

They’ve been together for over 30 years.

It’s like hitting the lottery sometimes

Nor I. Hubby & I moved much slower.

First Date → Proposal: 5.5 months
Proposal → Marriage: 2.5 months
Total: 8 months & 1 day

We’re not crazy like those 6 month folks! :wink:

2 Likes

I said I love you in 3 days - beat that suckas!

You guys had been talking a while before you met though, right? That counts for something.

We had a group chat for everyone for a few months I think? But the 1-1 with him and I didn’t really get flirty until a day or two before. And by flirty I mean he sent me a video of him playing Implicit Demand for Proof on the piano (that he taught himself because my thing was to annoy everyone with my love of Twenty one pilots) and that was it for me really.

Oh, my mistake.

It is a common belief that there was something more substantial leading up to our “love at first sight” situation, so don’t worry :).

1 Like

Well, it is MY kitchen. After someone else plans the meal, buys the ingredients, and prepares the food then they can claim it as their own. I don’t foresee that happening in the next 30 or 40 years though.

What if the one that doesn’t cook does a much better job at cleaning the countertops and is generally in charge of making the kitchen look nice? Is it also their kitchen then?

What if that person pays the mortgage?

Asking for a friend.

I think Dubya & Laura Bush dated only like 3 months before they got married. And while you might not like their politics, ya gotta admit… they’re still married and I’ve never heard of any rumors of cheating by either party. Their 45th anniversary is in a few months.

(The Carters hold the record for longest marriage of a US President though, having surpassed George HW & Barbara Bush a few months after Barbara died. They just celebrated their 76th anniversary!)