Urban Dictionary

It’s pretty much around 10% nationwide. There is a fair amount that is unreported but not an issue now that testing is widely available. So the chances that any individual is a carrier at any particular point in time are pretty low. And if you’re vaccinated the chances become even more remote. I would feel safe spending time with them as long as they agree not to meet in crowded indoor spaces.

I have flown this year. Mask rules are strict, but human distancing is a joke. Trip there, plane was empty; no one within 10 ft of me, yay. but trip back was a sold out flight packed with like 250 people.

Even I was a little nervous after that trip. I wore 2 masks smashed around my face and covered myself in hand sanitizer the whole time. I would also clean my mouth/throat with mouth wash fairly often (not sure if helps, but makes me feel better). Guy 5 feet away clearly had a cold of some kind and gave me a panic attack the whole time.

I finally felt safe about a week after I got home. Luck was on my side that time. Looking back, I would not do that again; will wait to get vaccine before next travel adventure.

And now that I’ve had one dose, and have an appointment for the second, i find myself reaching out to friends, saying, “hey, I’ll be vaccinated in another month, want to get together?”

Several of my friends are younger than i, old enough to be fully vaccinated, or just have a higher risk tolerance than i, and are doing stuff i haven’t been comfortable doing. And suddenly, i see light at the end of the tunnel. I have two solid plans and another two soft plans to get together with people. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

How about bragging that you don’t have side effects?
'cause my wife is claiming to have superpowers.

New word: the NY Times has coined the term fauxmorbidity to refer to someone who fakes or exaggerates his/her health ailments in order to place him/her self higher up in the vaccine priority sweepstakes

I can brag about that - aside from soreness in the arm at random periods I haven’t had anything. But there’s also the concern that if you’re not feeling side effects is it really working?

I was wondering if the pharmacy was going to ask me for a doctor’s note or something. I carried the prescription pills for the condition in my pocket just in case.

thinking about this, and i think it depends on if i already dislike the person as to whether their bragging is annoying.

also is there a time limit to this? like, in late may, is it okay to brag when almost everyone on your friends list had the chance to get vaccinated? actually, even now, it doesn’t seem like bragging anymore, at least not where i live. if you want the vaccine, you sign up and get it. it’s open to everyone over 16 here. when it wasn’t and people were getting it based on discriminatory reasons, it was more annoying.

I just heard on msnbc that we surpassed 50% of adult americans have at least one dose now.