Urban Dictionary

Nice. How to congratulate? Blow it out your vaxx!

1 Like

I would posit that saying it more than once to a particular person would auto-put it in the “bragging” category.

I’m planning on having a birthday party in June. I am planning to invite vaccinated people and celebrate. I am not planning to rub it in a non-vaccinated friend’s face that they’re not invited; I won’t even tell them about it. Unless they’re just choosing to not get it and had ample opportunity to.

Or maybe he’s not an asshole at all for this action?

I think it is more self destructive than anything

not sure what i’m gonna do for my birthday which is a few days before yours, but probably invite who i want to and they can choose to do what they want based on their own vaccine or lack there of status, plus their status in liking or hating me which is always a factor in these things too.

how will you know who is or is not vaccinated in order to tailor your invite list here?

walking a fine line on this one.

1 Like

oh and what about people who had one dose, but not the 2nd yet. invited or cut out?

Sort by the vaccine badge.

1 Like

Anyone who would be considered, I know very well and we talk about that kind of thing. I don’t have “acquaintances” who would be invited. I know the current vax status and plans of all 4 people I’m considering, as well as their significant others.

Even when I’m “fully” immune I don’t have plans to go to bars so won’t be bragging about that. Vaccines are not 100% effective, especially with variants in the air so still have to be careful.

And air travel is not all that dangerous - planes have good air circulation and from what I’ve read passengers usually comply with the mask rule. It’s something that is not recommended even for vaccinated people, but I don’t want to drive 13 hours to see my family.

The vaccination sticker I got seemed like kind of a vaxxhole statement, even though I’m sure it was meant to be encouraging to others.

“I was vaccinated so I can d😊 life”

Depends on where you place the emphasis when reading it.

My parents are talking about visiting once my partner and I are both vaccinated (they are due to their age). But cases in our state are up 30% over the past 3 weeks, and it was never great to start. At least I can in good faith tell them we have at least 8 weeks until that’s possible and see how things go. I know for a fact they’ve been going to bars, restaurants, card games, church events.

At this point 10% of our state has had COVID. At least I’ve only had one death of somebody close.

this made me curious to look up the covid rate in nyc. 21.5%! and that’s just the reported cases. i’m sure it’s way higher. i’m guessing my father isn’t even in that number. he didn’t get tested for covid while he had it. got the antibody test way later and it was positive. we knew he had covid due to the very obvious symptoms, but they couldn’t do a covid test in the nursing home.

The percentages are extrapolated. They look at a small, “representative” population. That group’s percentage is the percentage for that area.

At least that’s how I understand how it goes.

i took number of cases over total NYC population. are you saying number of cases was extrapolated?

How did you arrive at your %?

I just saw 817k cases. Population of NYC is 8.4 million. That’s 9.73%

^ that was 2019 population figure. 2020 is higher, so % would be lower.

i messed up. i was looking at total new york state cases over nyc population. so yeah, 9.7%, but I think the number is higher. most people I know who had covid, had it in March or early April, 2020, prior to testing being easy to get.

I was using Worldometer - a pretty authoritative site. For the US, they use CDC data regarding confirmed and probable cases, but do not extrapolate beyond the CDC. In my state, it hits over 10%.