United States Presidential & Congressional Election 2024

I bring this up every time somebody says Biden is making gas prices high.

Of course, when I ask how he’s doing it their arguments are always dogshit, like “He ruins everything he touches because he hates America.”

I’ll reply, “No, how specifically did Biden increase the price of gas? Is it because under Biden we’re producing more oil than any country in history and more than we ever did under Trump? Is that how Biden increased the price of gas?

If I get any reply it’s something like “Well he’s probably selling it to other countries so he can lower the price of gas before the election”

1 Like

I mean, some of it goes to Obama signing off on oil exports, as the article mentions. Two thirds of our oil comes from fracking though. And Trump did roll back some restrictions* on fracking, so quite frankly some of it IS because of Trump. Whether that’s a good thing or a bad thing is a different question, but it’s not clear what credit belongs with Biden.

*restrictions / environmental protections… po-tay-to / po-tah-to

1 Like

He makes enemies out of decent people!! Sad!!

Oh noes it goes all the way back to when Biden was vice-president. Thanks Obama.

1 Like

Oh for sure, there’s nuance and I don’t think Biden is fully responsible for how much oil we currently produce nor the high price of gas.

But I enjoy presenting mouthbreathers with facts and seeing what they do.

2 Likes

Alabama house special election, so state not national, but interesting:

In 2022, David Cole (R) beat Marilyn Lands (D) by 7 points. He later had to vacate his seat as part of a plea deal for voter fraud, leading to a special election. Lands ran again in the special election, and won by 25 points. Voter turn out was slightly under half in the special election vs. 2022 election. The focus of her campaign included the opposition to Alabama’s abortion ban and the recent IVF decision in Alabama.

4 Likes

Elsewhere, I read that thanks to gerrymandering, Alabama House district 10 is the only competitive state house district in the state.

Kristi Noem seems to meet Trump’s requirements to be his running mate?

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/20/style/kristi-noem-teeth-trump-vice-president.html?unlocked_article_code=1.gE0.bUB6.PijPimYLS-78&smid=url-share

Didn’t she (allegedly) boink someone who is not her husband?

Musk?

If she has triplets, do we get to call them the three Musketeers?

1 Like

That was God’s will.

No (well maybe) I think it was Corey Lewandowski, some campaign strategist or whomever he was

I looked it up and it was (or wasn’t) indeed Corey Lewandowski

The NYPost said:

Married Republican South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem has engaged in a years-long affair with longtime Donald Trump adviser Corey Lewandowski, multiple sources told The Post Friday.

Though no images of the two getting frisky are known to exist, the pair have been less than discreet about their relationship, with one source recalling them making out at a hotel bar during the 2021 Conservative Political Action Conference in Orlando, Fla.

Also

“Noem’s husband Bryon is said to have moved out of the governor’s mansion in Pierre roughly two years ago.”

I think I was confusing the discussion with RFK VP pick instead of potential Trump pick.

I’d think that paying hush money to stop that story would be a prerequisite for joining the inner ranks of Team Trump.

3 Likes

Or doing the most family-valuesish thing: Divorce.

1 Like

If so, that would tick one more box on Trump’s list of qualifications for his VP running mate. She would be one heart beat away from the Presidency so hopefully she has some stronger qualifications.