United States Congressional & Gubernatorial 2022 elections

So, is Arizona going to get to have a civil war this November?

ā€¦because ā€œKari Lake doesnā€™t commit to accepting Arizona election result if she losesā€?

Apparently an interview with Herschel will air on TODAY tomorrow about his totally legitimate badges indicating he is a law enforcement officer

https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1581792594253651969?t=47X8cnu0L9U_aFCy2Ajs8g&s=19

Yeah

1 Like

reminded me of this:

You know doctor is supposed to be such a prestigious occupation. But itā€™s really like one of the only jobs where you have to have your diploma right up there on the wall. It makes them seem so insecure, doesnā€™t it? ā€œI really am a doctor you know. You think Iā€™m not, just check it out.ā€

https://twitter.com/georgetakei/status/1581102828629594112?s=46&t=Wtj5QSjO_xo_9KEhlk0A5g

4 Likes

In other news: Itā€™s still the economy stupid. Democrats are not trusted to take care of the economy. Very interesting excerpt and why abortion rights will never win elections for Dems.

ā€œIā€™m shifting more towards Republican because I feel like theyā€™re more geared towards business,ā€ said Robin Ackerman, a 37-year-old Democrat and mortgage loan officer who lives in New Castle, Delaware, and is planning to vote Republican this fall.

Ackerman said she disagreed ā€œ1,000%ā€ with the Supreme Courtā€™s decision to overturn Roe v. Wade and erase the national right to an abortion. ā€œBut that doesnā€™t really have a lot to do with my decision,ā€ she said of her fall vote. ā€œIā€™m more worried about other things.ā€

1 Like

Asking the guy whose job is one of the most sensitive to fed policy in the economy is a good way to find someone unhappy with the economy when the fed raises interest rates.

5 Likes

Itā€™s too bad, because if thereā€™s one thing that people donā€™t understand, itā€™s the economy.

In this case you have people blaming Biden for inflation. Ignoring that itā€™s high everywhere, and also forgetting why the economy was stimulated in the first case.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s a lady, itā€™s also a NY Times polling of 54,000 people. Thatā€™s just the person they chose for that one comment. Lots of polling out there however that pro-choice does not produce the type of boost that gets people to change their vote. Itā€™s a secondary or tertiary issue for swing voters. The economy is always number one.

1 Like

Thatā€™s not the voters problem though. Democrats have not had any messaging about the economy. They are drilling people with Roe v Wade and anti Trump.

One thing Iā€™ll add to this: if anything the US is getting hit by less inflation than much of the world as the strength of the dollar has helped offset some of the pain.

1 Like

Iā€™m not following. Are you saying dems need more political ads about full employment and the root causes of inflation?

I donā€™t think it would make for a good ad, but then again I donā€™t watch ads.

Maybe the problem with Democratic messaging is that nobody cares about it?

2 Likes

Not enough fear-stoking.

2 Likes

Or blatant lying about the economic situation as you see in republican advertising.

3 Likes

cant just run on abortion.

Current job market is strong, Dems cant find a way to hold up this win.

The economy will correct, the changes to social programs could last the rest of my lifetime

To me the choice is easy

1 Like

problem with modern voting:

things look bad now = change leadership immediately.

Im not convinced control of congress will impact the length or severity of the current recession by much.

Itā€™s truly amazing that any rational person grants any credence at all to trickle down economics. After fifty years of irrefutable evidence that discredits this pseudo economics. Just a great propaganda job.

2 Likes

Yeah, I imagine average people would see that ad say ā€œokey I got a job but gas is $4, mannnnnn.ā€

ā€œAlso Biden made the stock market go down, mannnnnnā€

1 Like