United States Congressional & Gubernatorial 2022 elections

Oh, I agree that Trump’s messaging was poor.

But I am extremely opposed to mail-in voting and online voting and I think there are real problems with both.

1 Like

I would say that the manor in which mail in voting was conducted in 2020 disenfranchised some parts of the R party.

1 Like

When is this not true?

But it wasn’t unintended consequences. When the Republican / trump message was to not use the mail in ballots, I was aware at the time they were shooting themselves in the foot.

If we’re talking about “access” from the perspective of the parties, I would call that equal access.

Who specifically was disenfranchised?

1 Like

I think he’s confusing idiots who didn’t vote because they didn’t trust mail in ballots due to Trump with the term disenfranchisement.

1 Like

That is certainly a real thing and likely gave the D’s an advantage, but it’s not disenfranchisement IMO. No barriers were erected to make it more difficult to vote that I am aware of. In fact, there were arguably fewer barriers in many states with mail in voting more freely available than usual.

2 Likes

“Hey, if you win, I lose. That’s Disenfranchisement.”

or vice versa in this case.

I mean, I guess when he won the 2016 election. It was repulsive in some cases, but also effective.

But it was not so effective in 2020. I really do think he declined cognitively during his four years in office.

I would argue that it was unintended. But it was certainly not unforeseeable.

Ron Johnson is scum.
It is just sad that Republicans in Wisconsin are going to elect him for a third term

https://twitter.com/HeartlandSignal/status/1580729957550272513?t=SKxBTxvEkMSvSKYYDqNP_w&s=19

Moderators closed tonight’s Wisconsin Senate debate by asking each candidate to say something they find admirable about the other.

Lt. Gov Mandela Barnes (D) said Sen. Ron Johnson (R) is a “family man.”

Johnson said Barnes is “against America.”

The audience booed Johnson.

So Johnson finds Barnes being against America admirable!?

I guess?

Makes sense coming from a Russian agent like Johnson.

He was constantly booed amd laughed at by the debate audience for his performance.
This was a good one from the “pro law enforcement” Ron Johnson:

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1580709073053691905?t=Ww0HBTIpHzUCoN7O7bC-8w&s=19

Johnson says the FBI set him up.
The audience laughs at him :grimacing:

The lone debate that Walker agreed to vs Warnock is tonight.

My prediction: Walker’s handlers don’t want him to say anything off the cuff, particularly where any thinking is involved. He’ll stick to rehearsed canned speeches prepared on specific topics, even if only tangentially related to the question posed by the moderator. If the guy is asked to actually debate he’ll get roasted. He’ll probably veer off the game plan at least a little, but the handlers will want to avoid him going off the rails and making stuff up like he is prone to do.

Georgia U.S. Senate rivals Herschel Walker and Raphael Warnock set for showdown | Reuters?

Probably what his handlers are hoping to accomplish, but they are working with a smaller budget than Trump’s handlers. Whether they are able to accomplish that or not is a different question.

It has the potential to be very boring or extremely entertaining.

I would be shocked if Walker actually shows up.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve wondered if he was going to come down with a 24 hour case of “Covid” to avoid showing up.

Showing up and responding with “Go Dawgs!” to every question might be his best strategy.

5 Likes