United States Congressional & Gubernatorial 2022 elections

ninja’d

In other news, PredictIt had their no-action letter from the SEC rescinded, so I’ll probably lose them as a resource. suckitysucksucksuck.

1 Like

Right, so you were wrong to say:

This is false

To my 100% correct assertion that:

Mueller was unable to conclude he did or didn’t obstruct.

Your copy/paste dump says exactly this. Again, why do libs have such difficulty following facts when it comes to Trump?

“Because we determined not to make a traditional prosecutorial judgment, we did not draw ultimate conclusions about the President’s conduct,” Mueller wrote.

So Mueller was unable to conclude that he did obstruct EXACTLY LIKE I SAID. Almost verbatim. I think we both agree that Mueller also didn’t conclude that he didn’t obstruct, just like I said, so I won’t belabor that point,

Several of you comically continue to prove my point…

1 Like

For information, or for retirement?

There is supposed to be a new site coming out. I can’t remember if it will include political races or not. All I can remember is the name of the site is a derivation of the Arabic word for everything.

If you think we are proving your point, you aren’t able to understand what we are saying. Mueller specifically said he couldn’t make ANY prosecutorial judgments. The fact that he didn’t conclude obstruction isn’t a matter of fact presented, it’s a matter of not being legally permitted to do so.

You said the report basically said the same thing about collusion and obstruction, which is patently false. It cleared Trump of collusion, did not clear him of obstruction, and clearly said they were not legally allowed to make a prosecutorial judgment on whether he obstructed justice. It is up to congress to prosecute presidential crimes, and we know how that played out.

How does this translate to your ToTAllY EXhoNoRateD nonsense? Are you getting your information from InfoWars or OANN?

1 Like

This

:popcorn:

Mueller wasn’t an attempt to determine the crimes that Trump committed, he didn’t see that as his job. Mueller’s office was explicit in this. He was, instead, trying to get an official record of the actions taken.

“Finally, as described in Volume 2 of our report, we investigated a series of actions by the President towards the investigation. Based on Justice Department policy and principles of fairness, we decided we would not make a determination as to whether the President committed a crime. That was our decision then and it remains our decision today.”

Obstructive act (p. 74): “Firing Comey would qualify as an obstructive act if it had the natural and probable effect of interfering with or impeding the investigation.” Trump’s handling of the Comey firing and his actions in the subsequent days “had the potential to affect a successor director’s conduct of the investigation,” though removing Comey “would not necessarily … prevent or impede the FBI from continuing its investigation.”
Nexus (p. 75): By the time of the Comey firing, Trump was aware of both the FBI investigation into Russian election interference and the investigation into Flynn.
Intent (p. 75): “Substantial evidence” indicates that Trump fired Comey because of “Comey’s unwillingness to publicly state that the President was not personally under investigation.” Mueller notes that “[s]ome evidence indicates that the President believed that the erroneous perception he was under investigation harmed his ability to manage domestic and foreign affairs”—but “[o]ther evidence … indicates that the President wanted to protect himself from an investigation into his campaign.” “The initial reliance on a pretextual justification [for Comey’s firing] could support an inference that the President had concerns about providing the real reason for the firing, although the evidence does not resolve whether those concerns were personal, personal, or both.”

This makes your post either misinformed, misleading or dishonest.

You said it in a way that was designed to protect Trump and cast doubt on the claims he committed obstruction. That is misleading at best.

Because while they have wildly different political views, these two groups appreciate American values and American democracy. Trump and the modern GOP have ran away from those ideas. They also like to be at least a little grounded in reality vs the non-stop lies Trump puts out.

1 Like

Continuing one or the tangents in this thread with some fresh news: The Justice department is now being forced to release the memo Mueller wrote to Barr nearing the conclusion of the report.

Some key excerpts from the article:

“[DOJ] had suggested the memo was privileged because it involved sensitive, pre-decision deliberations about whether Trump could be charged with obstructing the special counsel’s probe.”

The judge determined that was BS because "it later became clear that DOJ officials had planned to rely on longstanding department policy against prosecuting a sitting president, and the memo was instead about the department’s “public messaging” over the Mueller report. "

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-08-19/mueller-memo-from-justice-department-to-barr-is-ordered-released

It’s pretty funny watching the Walker team dance on the head of a pin about this stuff. Three of the typical debate sponsors extended debate invitations to all candidates: Atlanta Press Club, the Mercer University Center for Collaborative Journalism and its media partners, and WTOC Savannah. Warnock accepted all 3, Walker accepted none of them but so far has only refused to attend one (I think): the Thursday debate that will conflict with Sunday night football.

In the meantime the Walker camp cooked up a debate format with Nextar media/Fox 5 that he says he’ll attend, and is saying Warnock is afraid to debate him if he doesn’t agree to his special format (while Walker dodges all the other debates). Warnock hasn’t publicly accepted or refused this additional debate yet. I think Warnock should accept despite the stupid gamesmanship, as any opportunity to get the moron speaking in public is a W.

He said Sunday. Note that there is an NFL game on Thursday Oct 13. It happens to be Washington vs. Chicago, so not exactly a headliner.

Also, and this is a change, only available streaming on Amazon Prime. Really?

R candidates in OH, PA, WI, and GA are unfortunate…to name a few.

I really want to root for this team, but holy shit, can we find some decent players? We are taking what should be a landslide and making into a total loss. We have serious risk of losing senate seats in PA and WI without getting any pickups.

The current pollical environment is just giving us everything we need to run on. And some how we let this election be a referendum on trump.

R strategy was spot in in the VA special last year. Youngkin did not mention trump, pointed out people’s frustrations with D. Win.

fwiw, im in PA and im not voting for oz. conservative wife has also stated she is voting Fetterman to spite crappy R candidate.

/rant.

1 Like

I hate to tell you, but this is what your team is now. Just look at what they did to Cheney in WY. She was a very loyal conservative. She just was unwilling to be a liar and that isn’t acceptable in the modern GOP.

2 Likes

Many of the poor GOP candidates were hand picked by Trump. That’s on the GOP for letting Trump still control the party. It’s a referendum on Trump because that’s what the current GOP is.

Cheney chose her hill to die on. Many commend her for it, but trading 1 R from a red state for another R in a red state was mostly immaterial.

Having trump come in to choose Oz…Walker…Vance…back Johnson and the party loses 4 seats they could have won is just bad strategy.

We need to get our house in order. If trump did NOTHING this year, we would be such a better position. People like to vote against trump, he is so easy to hate.

we were supposed to be hiding this better. original plan was to not say ‘trump’ out loud until after the midterms.

It’s nuts that being conservative isn’t a good reason for the GOP. You have to support insurrection to get elected.

3 Likes

This is literally the only positive aspect of trump imo. Republican party has let the mask slip and they are openly supportive of fascism and Christian theocracy instead of trying to dance around it like they did in the past. Still not clear on why you’re rooting for them.

1 Like