Transgender trends and politics in the US

considering what they are protesting, I think you answered your own question

I think every boy has tried it at some point. Not to dress that way, but I can imagine how uncomfortable it would be

1 Like

Yeah, I can’t imagine tucking for hours at a time. My testicles would get squashed.

Can we be certain Target isn’t, in part, changing their merchandise because they’re losing money for some other reason, and using protestors as cover?

I can’t think of a time when I tried this. I can’t think of a reason why I would have wanted to either.

1 Like

Buffalo Bill

That may be the reason why many people in the 90s tried it in High School.
It was definitely “a goof” that i saw in high school and college locker rooms.

2 Likes

And Buffalo Bill gif just showed up in my hometown text chat this morning…

Fox News: selling pride clothes to kids bad, actual child abuse old news, not worth covering.

I’m not certain this is the best thread for this, but I didn’t quickly see a better already-existent thread.

Operative phrases appear to be “passed for the impermissible purpose of chilling free speech” and “unconstitutionally vague and substantially overbroad”.

1 Like

Judge was a Trump appointee too

2 Likes

Loneliness and Social Isolation among Transgender and Gender Diverse People

Persons with transsexualism, after sex reassignment, have considerably higher risks for mortality, suicidal behaviour, and psychiatric morbidity than the general population. Our findings suggest that sex reassignment, although alleviating gender dysphoria, may not suffice as treatment for transsexualism, and should inspire improved psychiatric and somatic care after sex reassignment for this patient group.

Shouldn’t they be comparing to those who didn’t undergo treatment? I would figure there should be some improvement

2 Likes

Hopefully there is, but i think the premise is surgery alone isn’t sufficient and ongoing care is necessary (at a population level).

Seems like it could be in studies with obvious results. My fear is that a headline like that could be used as fodder for people who want to dispute the value of the treatment, then use that as justification for banning it.

1 Like

Good point.

But isn’t it a reason for disputing the value of the treatment?

Of course, one study does not an argument make. I just wonder if we don’t realize the general long-term implications of permanent transgender decisions. What percentage of the population is jumping on the bandwagon and making a short-sighted decision. Even though I personally am not pro-LGBTQ I would still treat people with respect. Our polarized nation has a lot of people pushing a LGBTQ agenda every chance they get, and then there is the far right which is too eager to lash out at something they disagree with. I wish we could meet in the middle, and I was curious what responses this article would generate.

1 Like

Can you expand on the definition of this?

2 Likes

Not by itself, no. If HRT makes rates of suicide attempts drop from 22% to 15% (ballpark of estimates I’ve seen from surveys), then we may say that HRT is not sufficient by itself but is definitely a valuable treatment.

5 Likes

Can you?

To be treated the same (rights and respect) as cis-gender, heterosexual people. That’s what I interpret their agenda to be.

3 Likes

Not at all.
Drawing that conclusion from that study makes zero sense, unless you are inserting some absurd transphobic bias.

Don’t you mean, drawing that conclusion from that study makes zero sense, even if you are inserting some absurd transphobic bias?

I think the study is meaningless without knowing the outcomes of untreated people. The reason people undergo sex reassignment is usually because they are miserable. There’s an incredibly high suicide rate of transgender people who aren’t treated.

It’s like saying that 10% of people exposed to flu who take tamiflu catch the flu anyway, without asking how many of those exposed who didn’t get tamiflu came down with flu.

2 Likes