Tommy Cutlets...Wait Till Next Year

Giants trade Toney to KC for 3rd and 6th round picks. Good riddance, too many injury and attitude issues, let him be someone else’s problem. One less headache to deal with, not holding my breath about anything of value for Golladay though at this point I’d be fine if they got a box of chocolates in the deal.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, the Giants lost to Dallas and Seattle in 1986, then went on to win the Super Bowl. A few other similarities, the '86 offense was centered on an All-Pro RB, had a bunch of no-name WRs, QB Simms was hardly a Pro Bowler and the team often fell behind in games before pulling out heroic last-minute victories. By the end of the season they put it all together and became one of the greatest teams in history.

Very remote chance of history repeating itself, even if younger versions of LT and Bavaro magically appear on the roster, but a man can dream…

Ground out another win. It’s nice that they are having contract talks with Barkley but with 35 carries in yesterday’s game that’s going to be a lot of wear and tear. But I can understand that the offensive options are limited when practice squad guys are outperforming Golladay.

7-2. top WC spot. Things are looking good.

After Detroit next week the schedule gets tougher with 4 of their final 7 against probable NFC playoff teams and 3 of those 4 on the road.

Need to rack up another win against the Lions to pad that playoff push.

If we can get 3 out of the 4 winnable games vs. Wash, Detroit and Indy then it’s likely that the Giants will be in. Thanksgiving will be tough since I’ll be watching with my cousin who is a big time Dallas game, though he did admit that he was glad the Giants beat Dallas in the 2008 playoffs since it saved the Cowboys from a probable ass kicking by the Pats in the Super Bowl.

Yes. Even 9 wins might suffice for third WC spot this year given how the other NFC divisions are looking.

For sure. I’d be shocked if 10 wins is NOT in the NFC playoffs this year, especially with the extra team. And as Cooke points out even 9 might be enough if you have the right 9 to get the tiebreakers.

Franchise tag him for next few years

IFYP. For the first time in my life, I will be spending American Thanksgiving in the US (Columbia, SC). My brother in law who lives there is from Dallas and loves the Cowboys. I was a Giants fan in the Y. A. Tittle days so I know who I will be cheering for.

Just hope I can get tv coverage of the two Canadian FIFA World Cup games happening while I am in SC.

What is the consensus aboud Daniel Jones? Should giants give him a new contract…

He’s played well with one of the NFL’s worst receiving corps, good scrambling ability and has significantly reduced the number of turnovers. I would be in favor of giving him a new contract as long as it’s somewhere close to the league average (~$17M/yr). He’s done a good job learning the system, and with more weapons on the team there is potential. The focus should be to get him the weapons, especially at WR, and boost up their interior OL so that he can get more time to throw. Of course they also need to throw some money to build up their defensive secondary so that there will be less need for a flashy QB.

There is no way they are going to pay the big bucks to franchise him, though there is speculation that they will apply the transition tag for ~$28M, not only overpriced IMO but it would keep them from franchising Barkley, plus they would leave themselves vulnerable to another team signing Jones without any compensation.

It would be nice if toney played well for the gmen. With that said he is just going to get injured again for the chiefs.

Good chance of that, or get kicked off the team for one of his dumbass tweets, but for a R3 and R6 draft choice it’s a smart gamble by the Chefs. They took another Gettleman failure with DeAndre Baker but that ship has sailed.

It was Throwback Day for the Giants, as the 2021 version of the team showed up today. It was throw-up day for the fans. It doesn’t get any easier, and with all the injuries piling up things could get uglY with a capital Y.

Lions iz fo rizzle, yo

1 Like

You be talkin’ shizzle, bro, let’s see how then do on Thursday for the annual Thanksgiving flippity floppity floop.

1 Like

I’m concerned about Dallas this week on Turkey day

I’m not expecting a win against Dallas, just hoping they do better than Minnesota last weekend.

Definitely one the Giants should have had - too many missed opportunities, not to mention that lame-ass “No Fun League” taunting call on Feliciano. Washington will now have time to rest up before their next match while the Giants face the Eagles.

Punting from Washington territory in overtime in an important game. Just forfeit the season