Tommy Cutlets...Wait Till Next Year

Or tackle. How bad was their tackling today?

Defense played very well, especially after Leonard was injured. O-line will get clobbered by Dallas next week but nice to enjoy sole possession of first place, even if it’s just for the day.

OMG 4-1. Beat the Pack. London cheese heads looked sad.

NSFW audio:
https://twitter.com/WUTangKids/status/1579109642390544387?t=jTq2SmsiVQU20JPz0k6Kdw&s=19

5-1?!?!?! Where did this come from?

1 Like

Seems like they have a good coach. I think Fassel and Caughlin were okay, but probably Daboll is the first good coach theyve had since Parcells

caughlin was good, but he hung on too long.

good for them. you can’t control how good the teams you play are and the G-men are winning. that is to their credit.

however i am thinking the NFC north is super terrible this year

You cant control who you play but how many teams look good this year? Maybe 5 or 6? three of their wins are against teams that are 3-3 or 3-2 so it’s not like all of their wins are v Carolina. But they are only +14 so it could be a hours of cards. Still Dabol looks like a good coach so far.

1 Like

dabol def looks more than competent. huge plus there. and credit to them for winning whoever they happen to be playing. plenty of teams manage to lose in head scratching ways. G-men def look solid.

agree that very few teams look that good.

edited to make more clear: re-state that many of those teams that look terrible seem to be in the NFC north. (CHI, DET, and even GB)

Did you mean NFC east?
Philly 6-0
giants 5-1
Cowgirls 4-2
Commanders lol

Seems like Buffalo, KC and Philly are the cream of the NFL this year

There are 3 or 4 other decent teams and teams “in the mix”

They have a pretty favorable schedule the next few weeks. JAX, SEA, BYE, HOU, DET

decent chance to go 4-0 or 3-1, not something i would have said about any Giant 4 game stretch before this season started. Jax has been hit and miss and Seattle has played better than expected with Gino so not a given but Giants could be road favorites for the first time in quite a while.

edited to make my post more clear. the teams that look bad - the NFC north has at least 3 of them and it makes me wonder if the vikings are also terrible but only look good compared to the rest of the NFC north.

I’ve seen a lot of talk about if the Vikings or Giants are the “worst” 5-1 team in recent memory.

It’s hard to win NFL games though. Have to credit both of them. I do remember a 10-0 Steelers team not too long ago I thought was terrible lol

Yeah sometimes records are a function of schedule and things go south. Sometimes you get a good record and start to believe you might be good. With the turnover in the NFL things can change quick and sometimes you are just 1 key injury from good to not so good.

I don’t know about worst 5-1 team, but their record seems better than their talent for sure.

Good coaching goes a long way towards overcoming gaps in talent. Team is inspired, doesn’t commit too many boneheaded plays, and play-calling has been superb. Lots of coaches fall into the trap of abandoning the run when the team falls behind, run-pass calling continues to have a good balance. Not only does Daboll know how to relate to his players, but he hired top-notch assistants when many other coaches just hire their cronies.

And the team has good talent, just a young team that needs time to develop. Two of the TDs were scored by rookies, RT Evan Neal played his best game of the season, and Thibidoux’s first NFL sack sealed the win for the Giants. Defense already was good and retained most of their players from last year, could definitely use some improvement in the secondary but still playing well enough to keep them in the game. WR is clearly their weakest spot, but if Toney can get healthy and Wann’dale gets more experience they could make a big difference later in the season.

Even against a team that’s won 2 games all season the Giants were underdogs. Even if Captain Kirk got that extra yard at the end the Giants would have covered. Officiating was way too tight on both sides, especially that roughing call on Dexter.

Seattle next week will be a tough one, with road games in two consecutive weeks plus the long distance, and looks like Seattle D is getting it together. Losing Bellinger especially hurts - likely he’ll need surgery, hopefully can recover soon.

Can someone teach Barkley that in the last 5 minutes of a game you are ahead in and trying to run the clock, stay in bounds. He went out 3 times in those last 5 minutes. He’s too experienced to keep doing that.

Total brain fart and he knew it - just the week before he had the presence of mind to slide down at the 2 before scoring so that they could take a knee.

Must have bee a whole bowl of brain beans to do that 3 times though.