Today I learned

Uh, RNN.

2 Likes

Me or you?

I might be remembering the details wrong, but suffice it to say that the risk of burning yourself in the course of normal use of a George Foreman grill is negligible, and way less than a frying pan on the stove.

Can someone help this poor woman?

Most nights before I go to bed, I will lay six strips of bacon out on my George Foreman grill.

1 Like

hint - it starts like this: a regional manager of a paper company really enjoyed the smell of bacon in the morning.

Oh, itā€™s an Office reference? Iā€™m not really with it today. I was getting ready to post in the Annoyed Thoughts that I just tested positive for influenza A. Waiting on Tamiflu right now.

2 Likes

Get well soon!

2 Likes

Thanks! Just took my first dose, plus another Rx.

5 Likes

Yeah, i missed that, too.

Flu sucks.

The only time i tried tamiflu, it was great, but i took it before i had symptoms. (My husband and daughter had just tested positive for flu. My son and i had been sharing hotel rooms with them, and were presumably exposed. My son and i felt ā€œoffā€ for a day or two, but never came down with the flu.)

Best wishes.

Or maybe a fictional person.

1 Like
4 Likes

Thanks. Iā€™d never seen that. :laughing:

Um, you can tell the difference between warm air & cold air even with wet hands.

Iā€™ve observed this on hand dryers I use frequently: if some one else used it not too long ago the air is noticeably warmer than other times.

1 Like

Unless theyā€™re Dyson type hand dryers, I wonā€™t use them. Iā€™d rather shake and air dry my hands or wipe them on my pants or shirt.

I donā€™t really care whether the air is warm or not. I just care how long it takes to dry my hands. I agree that the Dyson type works a lot better than the old ones.

Iā€™ve been meaning to get a splatter guard for a long timeā€¦ Should probably just order one now before I forget again.

They are great! Get one small enough to fit in the dishwasher. Slightly smaller than the top of the frying pan/wok and fits in the dishwasher is better than too big, imo.

I love my splatter guard.

I donā€™t usually bother for something like burgers, but I make some stuff in the wok where I dump liquid into very hot oil, and with the splatter guard, I donā€™t worry about burning myself.

Mario Mendoza, MLB player and namesake of the infamous ā€œMendoza lineā€, is in the Mexican Professional Baseball Hall of Fame

1 Like

So you are concerned with toilets aerosolizing, but you will stick your hands in a germ accelerator?