Thread to post insignificant signals / advances by the opposite (or same) sex

She did stare at my shoes a bit!!! :rofl:

2 Likes

How could you tell? Presumably you were either looking at your shoes or hers.

Being the soowahv and deboner fella that I am, I looked her right in the shoulder and said, ā€œHello!ā€.

2 Likes

The US border guard asked me to pop the trunk on my rental. I guess he wanted to check out the junk in my trunkā€¦ :peach:

2 Likes

Seems like this is the best thread for this . . .

2 Likes

Random dude said I like your hat and your shirt.

1 Like

Did you have your pupperz with you??? :popcorn:

Kind of. The guy was a worker at the kennel and I was picking my dog up.

1 Like

Some ā€œBig Hearted Entrepreneurā€ started following me on Instagram. She seems nice.

1 Like

Iā€™m sure she has a bigā€¦heart.

Insignificant because unwanted, otherwise I guess it would be significantā€¦

In anticipation of potentially needing to look for work in the not-too-distant future, Iā€™ve been adding anyone & everyone Iā€™ve ever known as a LinkedIn contact, including lots of former classmates.

Added a guy I went to elementary school with and went out on exactly two dates with in high school, the second of which was my homecoming where he promptly ditched me for another girl. Whatever, that was over 30 years ago; Iā€™m over it. I literally have not seen him since that dance. He also sort of knows my Dadā€¦ Iā€™ve gotten maybe 3 or 4 messages via my Dad over the last 20 years that he ran into this guy who says ā€œhiā€.

Guy sent me a friendly messageā€¦ is this twiggy from elementary school? Yep, yep, itā€™s me. Well how am I? Heā€™s impressed by my LinkedIn profile, this is what heā€™s been doing, yadda, yaddaā€¦ (engineer, married with two kids)

Iā€™m good, explained about potentially looking for work soon, brief synopsis of life since 11th grade.

Then he apologized for ditching me at the dance, which, fine, no statute of limitations on an apology or anything. Then he gave an in depth analysis of every moment of the dance ā€¦ including a pretty precise and accurate description of the dress I was wearing (form fitting dark green velvety material with long sleeves & an open back) andā€¦ the stockings I was wearing (black with seams in the back).

I mean, itā€™s weird for a straight man to even remember a girlā€™s stockings from over 30 years ago, right? Let alone bring them up when heā€™s married to someone else.

He also mentioned that he wished there were do-overs and he was an idiot and I was ā€œsmokinā€™ā€.

Not planning on responding. I have no interest in being the other woman, and that seems well over the line for a married man.

Was this in reference to back then? Today? Or left to be ambiguous?

Back then

ETA: at least thatā€™s how I interpreted it.

Oh yeah, definitely back then.

Kind of sounds like heā€™s having a midlife crisis. A lot of ā€œwhatever happened toā€¦ā€s & ā€œwhat ifā€¦ā€s going through his head. The wise person keeps those thoughts in their head. A foolish person drunk posts them. (I think thatā€™s in Proverbs somewhere.)

Edit: Proverbs 10:19: ā€œWhen words are many, transgression is not lacking, but whoever restrains his lips is prudent.ā€

1 Like

Yeah, I mean we know a ton of the same people so there was also the whole ā€œdo you still talk to Kevin? Had you heard that Sally died? Did you know that Mr. Reilly is now the President of [private school]?

But thatā€™s all normal mundane stuff that you expect from a conversation with someone you knew 30-40 years ago.

1 Like

Hmm, your last two examples were a guy flirting with you when it was unwelcome. Donā€™t you ever have anyone flirt with you when itā€™s welcome?

@twig93

2 Likes

ETA: This was supposed to be some old guy putting down his popcorn and wiping his eyes. I have no clue why the link isnā€™t showing. :roll_eyes: :man_facepalming:

ETA #2: I hope this one works. :roll_eyes:

Well both of them were marriedā€¦ Iā€™m funny like that about fidelity. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes