Thread to post insignificant signals / advances by the opposite (or same) sex

Wut? :man_shrugging:

SCUBA Steve from “Big Daddy”

Go join a nearby beach club.

1 Like

The baristas already had my usual just as I stepped up to the cash register. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :coffee: :heart_on_fire: :dizzy: :revolving_hearts:

2 Likes

Lotsa cute soccer moms there…

IS THIS THE ONE MISSUS BEE GEE WANTS YOU TO JOIN???

The beach club?

There are cute soccer moms at all of them.

We have several options. Including the one Springsteen goes to.

1 Like

3 Likes

or “Thread to post videos of people eating popcorn”

3 Likes

okay, so the physicist in me wonders what force is propelling the kernel upwards in this interaction. I get that there is a pressure from the inside due to the starches expanding under the influence of heat (probably the water boiling inside, causing some chemical reaction which makes a molecule greater size than some other, lower-energy molecule, or some such), but what is it that is pushing the kernel up and out of the holder? It’s not like those external-shell-wings are folding back and running into some other surface, so why does this float?

Aren’t the external-shell-wings folding back and propelling against the surface/opening of the circular thing upon which the kernel initially rested?

1 Like

Go call Co-worker B’s mom. :popcorn:

This was my assumption as well. As the sides curl out they put downward force on the ring and newton’s 3rd law takes over from there.

2 Likes

“It’s all ball bearings nowadays.”

1 Like

I let out a loud sneeze in the grocery store parking lot. A woman walking nearby said “Bless you!! That was loud!!” :heart_decoration: :purple_heart: :green_heart: :sweat_drops:

2 Likes

I was wearing a pride shirt yesterday, it’s corporate swag from pride month last year. A coworker pinged me to ask if I’m LGBTQ+ or an ally, and I told him I am the latter. He then told me that while he is married to a woman, he very much is part of the ‘B’ group. I’m terrible at reading the room (see: actuary) and I don’t know if it was significant or not.

1 Like

Sometimes when someone says “Bless you” I tell them that I don’t need any outside help

Some people would say that’s significant, but I don’t bi that

5 Likes

are they selling new shirts for this year? are you “buy curious”?

3 Likes