Thread to post insignificant signals / advances by the opposite (or same) sex

I’ve done both!

2 Likes

The lady at the food court Thai restaurant gave me a 5% discount for paying cash!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@now_samantha : Welcome, playa!!!

2 Likes

…or she thought you qualified for sr discount?

1 Like

The barista brought our drinks to the table!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Two drinks - at the same time!!! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts: :dizzy: :100:

1 Like

Update: the second time I saw her she remembered me. I thanked her for having gendered me correctly and tried to explain how much that means to a trans woman. That made her feel embarrassed and flustered, but I’m glad I said it. Then she composed herself and complimented my hair (I hadn’t been wearing my wig the first time we met).

Today I bought a new type of nail polish and she remembered my name, saying it is easy to remember ladies who are taller than she is. Asked if I wanted to redeem my loyalty points, I asked if there was a reason to save them and she explained that rewards grow non-linearly (her words :heart_eyes:) so I’m saving them for later.

I also popped into Sephora last night. A month ago on the day I accepted that I am a woman, I went in, bald, face unshaven (I’d only done my legs by that point in the day). Nervously explained the situation to an employee, and she just looked at me, said “I’ve got you” and helped me out. So I went back yesterday with my makeup on in a super cute outfit to thank her as well. Before I could say anything she said “I remember you,” gestured at my whole figure and said that it looks like things are working out well.

Side note: women give me so many more compliments on my appearance now than they did when I was pretending to be a cis man. I don’t know how much of that is having cuter outfits, and how much is gender related, but it definitely feels nice.

5 Likes

I appreciate when people express themselves like this because it helps me understand people more.

was at a party on Saturday night, wearing my favorite Christmas sweater,

and got to take a picture with a woman who was also wearing her favorite Christmas sweater. Put my arm on her shoulder and she didn’t run away screaming!

4 Likes

I went in to my dentist’s office to pay a bill. The receptionist saw me coming up the stairs and said, “Hi, (real name)!”. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :gift_heart: :heavy_heart_exclamation: :boom: :blue_heart: :two_hearts:

1 Like

that’s sexual assault!!!

Huh??? Whaaa??? :man_shrugging:

not her cat calling you like that!

Checkout guy at Target couldn’t decide if he should call me sir or ma’am, so settled on ‘Have a good day, awesome’ instead

3 Likes

At a social event last night, I introduced myself to a woman who responded by saying we had met two weeks ago, she knew b/c she remembered my shoes. I realized too late that I should have asked if she is an actuary.

5 Likes

When I walked up to the counter at sbux, the newish barista (male, looks like he works out, tight shirt @John.S.Mill :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:) said , “Hi, (real name).” :blush: :muscle: :heart_hands: :biting_lip:

2 Likes

More sbux insignificant action at sbux:

1. Goth Twink offered to bring me my latte to the table, but I got it myself!!! :black_heart: :heart_eyes: :mending_heart: :heart_on_fire: :100: :dizzy:

2. A lady cop walked in. She got her coffee and could have taken the second door to get back quicker to her car, but she walked RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!!! :policewoman: :cupid: :sparkling_heart: :revolving_hearts:

like a gay twink?

Super gay. He’s quite open about it. NTTAWWT.

One of the newer baristas at my sbux was wearing a SCUBA shirt from a dive location I went to years ago. I was chatting about it with him.

He shall be henceforth known as SCUBA Twink!! :diving_mask: :heart_decoration: :dizzy:

IKWYM

You can find it on a map - and not an anatomical one!!! You are such a dirty, little piglet!!! :smiling_imp: