Thread to post insignificant signals / advances by the opposite (or same) sex

I ran into Christie - the (really good looking) lesbian over the weekend. We talked about the date she was on when I first met her a few weeks ago. I guess her date got jealous of her talking with me. She said she wishes she wasn’t so attracted to the women cause they are full of drama.

She is very touchy too - I didn’t mind that at all.

3 Likes

:iatp:

You still pay by cash? Do you also write checks when you buy groceries? :heynow:

some places are cash only. specifically: the restaurant I ate at last night, and the dessert place I did not eat at because of having spent all my cash at the restaurant.

I’ve seen a few of those, but not as often as I’m seeing cashless places. I have yet to run into an establishment where I can pay by chicken wings.

I’m seeing more and more places that add a CC surcharge of 3-4% if not paying by cash. And not just gas stations.

To me, it’s more consumer friendly that way. I’m sure many places price their menu on their desired profit margin off the credit price. That is, they don’t want to take a 3-4% reduction in profit for credit card users.

So price it for cash and have the 3-4% be the convenience fee for using a card.

Hang on, I think I have exact change!
[digsthroughpockets]
[plops a wingette and tip onto the counter]
There you go! Keep the tip as a tip!
Cashier’s thoughts in head, concerning the “tip”:wtf am I suppose to do with this? No one uses these! WhatamI supposed to do, make soup?

Don’t people use wing-tips for shoes? (asked the extroverted actuary)

1 Like

One of the breweries here discounts you if you pay cash - basically the taxes. I think some clever accounting is occurring there.

The new receptionist at my optometrist confirmed my address and insurance details. She was very easy on the eyes, IYKWIM. :eyes: :heart_eyes: :eyeglasses: :heartbeat:

1 Like

My gf and I got some dim sum to eat on the patio at sbux. Two old ladies walk up to us and say, “You didn’t get that inside, did you???”

TWO OLD LADIES - AT THE SAME TIME!!! :revolving_hearts: :heart_decoration: :heart_on_fire: :mending_heart: :older_woman: :older_adult:

2 Likes

New Twink waved to my gf and me as we walked in to the sbux!!! :heart_eyes: :heavy_heart_exclamation: :revolving_hearts: :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Was that before or after you put on the new glasses?

2 Likes

Before, during, and after. :eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_decoration:

1 Like

A construction sign flashed “EXPECT D LAY” at me. IKWTM.

4 Likes

The cashier at the chicken place recognized me from earlier in the afternoon!!! She even put a smiley face at the bottom of my receipt!!! :heart_eyes: :revolving_hearts: :dizzy: :heart_on_fire: :poultry_leg: :fries: :green_salad:

4 Likes

Why are you going to “the chicken place” more than once in a day?

I bought large fries as a mid-afternoon snack and she mentioned the 15% off coupon if I filled out the survey. 15% off, supper for the next couple of days, insignificant signal - I hit the trifecta!!!

I have another survey to fill out for another 15% off coupon!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heart_on_fire: :heart: :orange_heart: :yellow_heart: :green_heart: :blue_heart: :purple_heart: :brown_heart: :100:

Ask not

Ask how much chikken can I feed my best friend :dog:

1 Like