Thread for your new job, promotion, position

I would take walks when I worked at the office as well. As it stands, I go up and down a flight of stairs five or six times a day (I’ve never actually counted).

last day here. bittersweet.

5 Likes

Our house is three stories plus a finished basement. I’m not on the third floor a ton, but laundry is in the basement, so safe to say I get a decent amount of stair-stepping.

Able to share deets on where you’re headed?

lateral move, pretty much. just WFH instead of 1 hr commute each way.

pension plan industry

(explains a lot, I know)

5 Likes

Well, congrats.

Move over to PRT. We’re pretty fun.

ninja’d

Are you hiring?

Not currently, but we have plans to expand our business in the near term. And I’ve been seeing PRT actuarial positions being posted pretty frequently on LinkedIn. It’s a pretty interesting area TBH.

1 Like

I’m waiting on an offer from a startup, they haven’t given me a number yet, so that’s obviously kinda important.

On one hand my current role is great. I like my coworkers and they don’t run me ragged (see: the frequency of my GoA posts). AND I’m only halfway vested in my options, we plan on going public next year. The upside is significant.

On the other hand, the new role is in oncology, which is more interesting. And the role is more broad, right now I’m mostly doing FP&A and revenue recognition type of work. This would get me back closer to the clinical side of things.

Anywho, just typing out loud here.

4 Likes

What is PRT? (I think I have an idea, but still not sure)

Pension risk transfer. Buyouts and plan terms and stuff.

1 Like

I’m just imagining Oprah doing something like “and you get pension risk, and you get pension risk!”

2 Likes

No that’s exactly what every day at work is like for me.

1 Like

I would definitely recommend inclusion of this in the SOA marketing material

1 Like

Yay! I was right. But I guess you need actuary knowledge for that stuff. But I ain’t one.

There are lots of people with pension admin experience too. Gotta administer the plans (or make sure your TPA is administering them correctly) after you take them over.

Does a raise count for this thread? I just got, totally unsolicited, a 24% raise from my employer. They did a market survey thing company-wide and this is what they said I should be making.

6 Likes

I’m ready for the crosspost to the buying expensive things just cause thread

1 Like