Thread for your new job, promotion, position

This thread is for you to post when you get a new job situation. Be it lateral, vertical, new industry, whatever.

1 Like

Next Monday i start a new job. Mostly lateral, but itā€™s full-time WFH which saves me an hour-each-way commute. Thatā€™s both more time to spend with my family and a $200 gas/tolls savings per month.

And a small bump in pay. Bigger company, so more career movement possibility than where I am now.

12 Likes

Congrats on the move!! :+1:

Congrats! The lifestyle change with this will be unbelievable. You can have a leisurely breakfast, work out, and still be at work on time. And itā€™s real nice to end the day and be already at home.

2 Likes

Commuting is for suckers.

Congrats, BG. The lack of commute is such a big win, and I hope the new company affords you better opportunities going forward. :slight_smile:

Iā€™m looking forward to ā€˜afternoon delightsā€™.

3 Likes

$400/month could get you airfare to some reeeeeeeeal nice destinations!!! :beach_umbrella:

3 Likes

That was supposed to only be 2 bills. Edited OP.

That said, and $extra helps keep me from being further into debt.

Hubs took a new job as a ā€œHealthineerā€ that starts V-day. I will be routinely making fun of him for that name.

He also makes exactly as much as I do now salary-wise (NOT A DOLLAR MORE).

1 Like

You mean, ANOTHER new job?

Another type of job at any rate.

New position as well? Perhaps while sitting at your desk?

Uber?? Lyft??? Skip the Dishes???

One thing I will miss on my commute is my podcast listening time.

1 Like

I noticed this change, although the incentive of listening to podcasts again helped me to get into running a bitā€¦ but then I was sick for a little over a week and it got cold so Iā€™ve kinda fallen off the horse with thatā€¦ but come Spring-time!

I work full time from home. I really donā€™t miss the commute in the morning, but some times Iā€™ve actually missed the decompression time at the end of the day. Iā€™ve gotten better with time, and if I need a few minutes Iā€™ll throw the ball for the dog or slowly go check the mail. Or end work a few minutes early but stay in my office and look and junk on my phone. Just so I donā€™t end up ā€œcoming homeā€ grumpy.

And I agree that I donā€™t get through podcasts or audio books nearly as fast anymore.

One thing I started doing to help with that is at the end of the day Iā€™ll do ~30m+ of HR training on the couch (sadly I have a bunch stocked up). Creates a nice transition

1 Like

I tend to take breaks throughout the day. So no decompression time necessary. Iā€™ll get up and have a coffee and a snack with my spouse, or take 15 to do something around the house.

1 Like

This helps me as well. If itā€™s nice out I will go walk the neighborhood for 20 minutes around 10AM or 3PM.

2 Likes

I need to get better at doing that.