Thread for silly or stupid stuff you do

No, my belly expanded in the kitchen!

1 Like

I used to do battle with the step-dogs more when one of them pooped indoors and the other would go to eat it. Until I realized that Iā€™m trying to pry poop out of a dogā€™s mouth. :grimacing: Now I just make sure that they donā€™t lick my face for a while after eating it.

1 Like

Probably $125 of pizza?

After you see them eat it, you mean.

True :grimacing:

More like a $125 of craft beerā€¦

3 Likes

My gf asks me to get some bananas while we are grocery shopping. I get the bananas and put them in the cart. When we get home, no bananas!! I think I put them in someone elseā€™s cart!!! :man_facepalming:

5 Likes

YES!

We have no bananas today.

3 Likes

I showed a Tommy Boy clip to my 10 year old son (when he spills the m&ms in the car). A few minutes later my son said something and I responded, quoting the movie, with ā€œshut up Richardā€.

Suddenly he got visibly upset. At that point it dawned on me - my sonā€™s name isā€¦ Richard.

:man_facepalming:

6 Likes

$8,000 tree trim.
$1.75 (one-seventy-five) per branch is what I heard (and what Iā€™d think makes a lot more sense).
$175 per and 45 cuts laterā€¦

1 Like

WHAT?!?! Thatā€™s ridiculous. I had:

• a whole tree taken down and cut into sections, and
  • another tree trimmed about 20 limbs

a couple of summers ago for less than 2 grand.

How big are these branches??? That seems extremely steep, I know neighbors that had very large old trees removed (something like 30" diameter) for about what @Bro is quoting, I think $1,500 or so.

1 Like

I had 3 trees trimmed recently (not huge, but decent sized) for about 1,200

Yeah, I wish he would have told me thereā€™d be a big bill vs how he approached it. He scammed me hard.

2 Likes

Iā€™m working on roofing quotes this week and I hope I donā€™t get swindled here.

I had a giant Sycamore tree removed for $6k a couple years ago. It required a crane, as there was no easy access to it (small fenced in backyard with a garage as one of the sides). Didnā€™t grind the stump. Iā€™d say you overpaid.

I gave him a check (I cannot believe I was able to find one - I was shaking in fear/anxiety). I do not have a local bank.

He took the check 2 hours away (nearest Chase bank). My bank doesnā€™t allow checks over 2,000 to be cashed. He calls me, with the Chase employee on the line, and says ā€œI drove all the way to Richmond to your bank to cash the check to pay for the equiptment I rented. I got a teller on the line with me. Can you can just route me the $ by talking with this banker.ā€

I say ā€œWhy are you in Richmond at my bank, what is wrong with your bank here? I payed you muh man. This is no longer my problemā€. Thank god for my bank! Seems like he wanted $ for, uh, yeah, no taxes. Fcuk that guy!

3 Likes

Dude charged you eight grand for a couple days worth of work and heā€™s living hand to mouth? F that.

A number of years ago we wanted to get a precariously large tree removed. I got 3 quotes, 3.1K, 3.5K and 1K. The first two were from companies that were fairly large, the 3rd from a 25yo guy. After questioning a bit I went with the young guy (I did fail to ask if he was insured). The tree had a forked trunk and half the tree leaned over the fence toward my neighbors house (they had mentioned they had some concerns with it). He showed up alone and went to work and brought the whole thing down all in my yard without touching the fence. I was very impressed. He had a friend who would haul the wood away at no additional cost.

I was impressed enough that I tipped him 15% which he was not expecting at all.

1 Like