Thread for silly or stupid stuff you do

daughter asked if she could list my sister’s live-in partner as “uncle” on a college app to his alma mater.

i said only if they didn’t have a check box for “Aunt’s Baby-daddy”.

She said she’d check.

1 Like

Haha, I doubt they’d ask for a marriage license; she should be good.

That said my great grandfather went to a particular Ivy League school and when my cousin applied they said there was no record. I mean, he graduated in like 1912 or so, but my dad & uncle are quite certain that’s their grandfather’s alma mater. My cousin didn’t get in, but he wasn’t treated as a legacy. My great grandfather was notoriously cheap. He died in 1968 worth several million… which was a lot back then. My grandmother claimed she never ate a whole piece of fruit until she was on her honeymoon because her father would ask the grocer for the fruit that was being thrown away. He was a multimillionaire who was literally too cheap to buy a banana. (Insert Arrested Development meme) It’s a pretty safe bet that he never donated a penny to the school, which is what they’re trying to reward. Oh well; my cousin seems to be doing fine. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I butt-dialed a coworker today. :roll_eyes: :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Hopefully you sent an IM or email asking if it was ok beforehand.

5 Likes

He did not.

I bought a whole cauliflower and have eaten it piece by piece. I am left with the stump. I was about to throw it into the trash can (at work) but then said to myself, “Self, that’s a big piece of organic material that you could throw into the compost bin at home.” So, now I’m going to pack it in my briefcase to bring home and hopefully remember it’s in there before Monday.

4 Likes

It’s Monday. Where is stump?

2 Likes

Thankfully, in the compost bin at home. :tup:

Much of my stupid stuff I do is mostly dad-joke level stuff.

I suggested that ‘with ears like that, they could play an extra in a LOTR movie’ about my granddaughter. My daughter, chip off the old block, commented that her ears probably came from my side of the family.

When I take students fishing, I’ll sometimes tell them ‘say hi to your mom for me’, lol.

engaging here at GA is kinda stupid of me lol

I form up the meatloaf, pop it onto a baking sheet, preheat the oven, and fire up the timer.

5 minutes later, I notice the baking sheet is still on top of the stove. :roll_eyes: :man_facepalming:

1 Like

I just committed to making a quilt for one of you dorks.

6 Likes

That’s just double extra preheat

2 Likes

When I take students fishing, when I drop them off, I often say ‘say hi to your mom for me!’.

3 Likes

Sounds like something I would do. At least you only lost 5 minutes… could’ve been worse.