Things that bother you more than they should

My lack of ability to plan a real vacation. Upon reflection, I realized mr aj & I have had only one vacation that wasn’t with family or didn’t revolve around a family event, thus mostly being planned for us. The one vacation was a road trip that was planned very spur of the moment, which is not really possible to do right now bc of the sheer # of people traveling.

I have concluded that we are not vacation people. It makes me sad, but I need to either accept this or I will continue to be frustrated by it.

I am sort of the same. I planned one (cruise) and even on that, most of it was scripted for us - which was fine by me!

i struggle to even take the time at work. Others block the time (bc they plan and take real trips/time away with actual planning) and i end up feeling like i need to stay or we are too short on people.

other dynamic is mrs f does not plan like that and views vacation as time to go and chill somewhere. I am not a great chiller and so hard to plan when one wants to do stuff and other wants to chill.

all agree that we need time somewhere else or away from work and home.

1 Like

eh, Justin Bieber is a pretty good role model. His reputation has turned around 180

Your wrong. And you gotta try All Dressed chips!!! :yum:

I’m wrong about deciding what things I don’t care about?

Who do you think you are that you can make me care? I’m supposed to love or hate milk in a plastic bag, but I cannot just be “meh” about bagged milk? Because you say so?

That @DeepPurple doesn’t seem to know how to spell Canada.

How does a Canadian spell Canada? C, eh, N, eh, D, eh.

And that others are unaware that they are not Canadian Geese but Canada Geese.

4 Likes

I fixed my post…but wikipedia accepts “Canadian” as acceptable…I guess if you misuse a term long enough it will literally be accepted as correct.

I think “Cobra Chicken” is a better descriptor. :grimacing:

1 Like

Cobra Kai chicken iykwim

When people post about having ‘adult beverages’, as in:

Tina is at The Rumrunner having adult beverages with [4 other people].

1 Like

my bf says this all the time. “I’m having an adult beverage”

I think it’s kinda cute

This thread title

4 Likes

I sign off my emails (often) with: “Regards,”

On occasion, in my haste I sometimes miss the upper case R.

Sometimes, auto-correct kicks in and makes it a capital.

But other times it doesn’t.

No rhyme or reason. Grrrr.

Do you ever just leave off the r and then it corrects to ‘egads’? That would be a hoot!

Just add it to your auto-signature.

Grrr!

1 Like

No, but ages ago I had a boss whose last name was Morton. I had to be extremely careful because spellcheck always wanted to make it Moron. And back then I don’t think you could add words to the dictionary. (If you could I didn’t know how, or even that it was an option.)

Of course the one time that I didn’t catch it was on an email where I was pointedly disagreeing with my boss. :grimacing:

Fortunately others screwed this up with some regularity.

2 Likes

The pushy breast cancer screening people insisting I need an MRI. Lying liars.

1 Like

Or when the spell check changes Chip to Chimp.

1 Like

The dentist tried to tell me it was illegal for me to turn down x-rays at my last appointment. I’m like, just clean my teeth please.

4 Likes

We don’t have the permission to update our signatures.