Things that bother you more than they should

In fairness, the one nice thing about WFH+self employed is that I can call friends through the day if I want. A lot of my friends are in the industry, so half the time we’re talking business anyway.

It’s: I ain’t cappin’. On god.

Keep up with the lingo dude. :wink:

I hope that wasn’t because of the phone calls.

Funeral in the backyard, best he didn’t know.

Insomnia followed by dreams about yinz.

What is ‘yinz’? Sounds Yiddish.

It’s another term for “y’all”, according to the Words With Friends dictionary

Reminds me of my former boss, who used to take lots of calls from his family from his desk. I knew when he was talking to his daughter, because I would frequently hear him say, “Paige…Paige…please calm down.” Sometimes he’ll follow that up by telling one of his co-workers, “Don’t have teenagers.”

Once I started working in offices I would close the door when on a private conversation. Current job had me back in a cube, at which point I would try to find an empty office or go outside whenever taking a call. Now that I am WFH that’s not an issue.

When the WSJ has a headline like:

Stocks Rise on First Trading Day of 2022"

We’re up 0.24% how is this news. Basically: “Time is moving forward, more after the break.”

1 Like

When someone takes their food out of the microwave with 7 seconds to go, and I have to watch that final 7 seconds pause without that final countdown

Even better is when, by the time you see the article/read the headline, stocks have done something completely different.

3 Likes

It is acceptable to substitute ‘ground’ for ‘floor’. Eg, “I dropped my pen on the ground” for “I dropped my pen on the floor.”

However, the reverse is NOT acceptable. If you drop something on the ground outside, do not say you dropped it on the floor.

What if you drop it on the ground floor?

What if you drop it in a shed with a dirt floor?

2 Likes

Does Europe get paid if they don’t use the last 7 seconds?

2 Likes

Well played

1 Like

Imo, that is not acceptable.

1 Like

I’m glad someone else said this because it probably bothers me more than it should when people do that.

1 Like

Do what? Drop their pens on the ground inside?

No, saying “ground” instead of “floor” when describing a floor that is decidedly NOT dirt or sod or anything else that could reasonably be described as “ground”.

1 Like