Things that bother you more than they should

:joy: I recently changed mine to the chorus of ā€œYou might not like meā€ :joy:

1 Like

Estimate the present value, then see if it should bother you.
$650 a year, for the rest of your life. Darn those low interest rates, though.

my washington post app is labeled ā€œWPā€ and the first thing i think about when seeing it is waiver of premium

Funny, thatā€™s ā€œwritten premiumā€, to me.

1 Like

On a very old admin system they used the code ā€œDIā€ not for the ā€œDisability Insuranceā€ rider but for the ā€œAccidental Death Benefitā€ riderā€¦ā€œDIā€ stood for ā€œDouble Indemnityā€.

3 Likes

Not my ringtone, but my text message notification is the flute ditty from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (how Willy Wonka calls the Oompa Loompas). Itā€™s the complete thing since itā€™s short.

Rachmaninoff

Nope, thatā€™s the musical key to the chocolate room (but itā€™s not actually, itā€™s Mozart, Mrs. TeeVee was wrong)

1 Like

I know she was wrong. Itā€™s a running joke in my wifeā€™s family.

Itā€™s been a while since Iā€™ve seen it - I forgot they were different tunes.

Tangent: Gene Wilder was married to my mother-in-lawā€™s cousin. My wife met him at a family reunion once.

1 Like

Buy a technivorm moccamaster, a burr grinder, and a nice insulated cup, and spend that 15 minutes doing something else outside of the house. You will have better coffee and save money in a year.

Those with ADD may have trouble with AD&D, especially when they play musical ringtones on their AT&T phones.

2 Likes

On LinkedIn, when someone starts a new job, or hits some sort of milestone the site/app allows you to send them a quick message with a canned response like ā€˜Congratsā€™.

However, it defaults to putting their name in there, too. Like: ā€˜Congrats Melissaā€™.

What bugs me is that it should be ā€˜Congrats[,] Melissaā€™.

1 Like

Commas are over rated.

Rachael Ray finds inspiration in cooking her family and her dog

4 Likes

That gives me reason to pause next time I get a hot dog recipe from Ray-Ray

1 Like

People in my office seem to take a lot of personal calls on their cell phones during the day.

Donā€™t the people on the other line realize that people have jobs?

I understand if itā€™s urgent. But folks these days seem to have zero compunction to calling someone at work these days.

I get a few texts a day from my wife for this and that (what do you want for dinner, or need anything from the grocery store, or donā€™t forget to print that form out).

But people have full-fledged conversations with people. And from what I can overhear (I donā€™t eavesdrop, we are in one big room), these arenā€™t urgent matters that canā€™t be handled at other times. (What are you bringing to Momā€™s house for dinner this weekend? Oh, yeah, I got my car fixed; this is what was wrongā€¦)

The guy I sat next to fifteen years ago during my internship had phone foreplay with his wife on his work phone. And peppered this convo with chats about his lunch, using the same throaty sex voice. Then back to sexy time. It was disturbing.

This is one of my biggest challenges with being full-time WFH now. Certain family members who would never have called me at work to talk about this or that (might send a text, but otherwise would wait) have no hesitation about walking into my home ā€œofficeā€ just to shoot the breeze.

My mom calls me at work but not regularly. If I feel itā€™s important to take the call I try to at least move to the break room. Itā€™s hard to have a phone call under 30 minutes with her, and she doesnā€™t text.

Iā€™ve been WFH for over 20 years. This has been a constant the whole time.

Caller: Hi, what are you doing?
Me: Working
Caller: oh thatā€™s nice, [random non-urgent shit that rambles on and on] :roll_eyes:

1 Like

My father in law used to call me and my SO like ALL the time and by contrast, not the other family that lives right here. Why? Because ā€˜Doug is busy at workā€™. Like, Iā€™m not apparently.

Sometimes we wouldnā€™t answer. then, I kid you not, heā€™d try calling every phone in the house, one after the other. The office phone would ring. Then the house phone. Then my SOā€™s cell phone. And so on.

It must run in the family, because when we buried my FIL, his son (who didnā€™t attend) did the same thing. My SO and their identical twin sitting in the back of the car on the way home, one phone would ring, 10 second pause, then the other twinā€™s phone would ring. Back and forth - I kid you not - for like 15-20 minutes. No word of a lie, he called both phones dozens of times. (why? because the twins were executors for the will and he was calling to find out when his ā€˜moneyā€™ would be ready).

1 Like