There's No Place Like Home

you’re RETCH

What’s a RETCH?

a sassy way to say rich

No more retch than the rest of y’all. Maybe even less because of the 1.5 salaries instead of 2.

Oh interesting, I’m not sure how common that policy is.

In Canada, the loan would normally be higher than the appraised value. Generally the appraised value is conservative. Loans based on the market value I think can be way out of whack.

Nevertheless, the banks have refused some mortgages apparently in places like toronto and vancouver, where the prices being offered are way higher than anything market value should be.

Unless you’re really overpaying, the appraisal will always “magically” come in right around the loan value, typically a little more. The appraiser will be told what they need to hit for a value, they’ll find properties that match to support the desired value no matter how far-fetched the comparisons might be.

If Tiffany had needed that extra 5K, it would have been there.

1 Like

:laughing: sounds like a useful role

1 Like

It’s… so… pretttttttttty.

And it’s ours and I want to live in it now but I have to wait.

1 Like

Very nice. Hope you get in soon.

2 Likes

Beautiful, love the kitchen. Even more love the fire pit :grinning:. Are you on septic?

1 Like

Nope!

…but we will be the first to go in a nuclear meltdown situation.

Pictures honestly don’t do it justice. I was very “meh, if it becomes a bidding war I’m out” before I saw it, and very “SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY” after I saw it (in person).

Basement? Finished or not?

Lol. Kitchens sell houses. About 23 years ago my so walked into this house and declared ‘its my dream Kitchen’. Last year we renoed the whole floor and expanded it. Kitchen cabinet guy said it was the most cabinets he’d ever installed. Totally worth it, the kitchen is very much the heart of the house.

The designer for the kitchen looked around, then says to me ‘how open are you to new ideas?’. I knew I was in for it then.

Basements are very uncommon in this area, which is weird to me (in general). I don’t think I knew houses could be sans basement until I moved here.

My old house also had the “dream” kitchen, complete with “luxury” appliances, but I think I’ll like this new one better. I certainly enjoy the dude I’ll be sharing it with a whole lot :heart_eyes:.

Might be a high water table or otherwise subject to flooding.

Not only basements but garages. When the climate is warmer there is less demand for those things. While a finished basement would be nice for storage, it can be a real pain when there is flooding.

I always thought it was a function of warmer climates, that colder climates required a heated basement space (pretty sure heated basement is code here in Canada). No? Do they regularly have basements in Florida and California?