The Thanksgiving 2023 Discussion Thread

Had just some cake, homemade with a betty crocker mix.

Pumpkin pie
Apple pie
Cherry Blueberry pie
Carrot cake
Olive Oil cake
fruit

We had pumpkin, cherry, and apple. The pumpkin got the most love, followed by cherry. No one touched the apple. I don’t dislike apple pie, but it’s never my first choice.

1 Like

I was advised to take 2, wish I was kidding but I’m not.

1 Like

:iatp:

If I’m eating an apple pie, I’ll probably enjoy it, but I don’t think I’ve ever in my life uttered the words, “I could really go for an apple pie.”

2 Likes

Wife works tomorrow, so I volunteered to cook dinner. She suggested a turkey chowder.

Thank goodness I already have a recipe that she has previously given the :tup: to…

I may have to try out this one to even though I’m not a fan of egg salad in general

Though, it apparently also received the
image from the one whose opinion matters most

1 Like

What the hell is wrong with you people?!?!

6 Likes

Green bean casserole is awesome. I know it’s white trash and I won’t apologize.

2 Likes

Same. Apple pie is fine. Pecan is slightly preferable, but if pumpkin is available I’m getting that every time.

2 Likes

All the apple pie belongs to me.

Don’t get me wrong, pecan pie and pumpkin pie is great, too.

3 Likes

I might choose pumpkin or pecan over apple pie only because I have apple pie more often. Spouse makes amazing apple pie.

3 Likes

I’m still stuffed but now I’m thinking about having a slice of pie.

3 Likes

I could’nt find the red pop out “the turkey is done” indicator on my bird while it was cooking even though I saw it when it was raw and later saw it when I was carving (and also know that it’s not a reliable metric)…so at one point I randomly decided to check the temperature…it was exactly 180 degrees as Ms Stewart says it should be…sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good.

2 Likes

I could go for another piece of pie .

2 Likes

Put ours up to 170 in the thigh. Came out great

1 Like

Still thinking about pie.

Because some of you are celiacs or for other reasons? My son and one SIL are celiac so we always provide gluten free options.

We had pumpkin and apple, plus a tuxedo cake (there was a birthday happening as well). All tasty. Kinda full now.

Yes. The food has come a long way in the last 20 years.

1 Like

My SIL who is celiac is also sensitive to nightshades, is lactose intolerant and is a vegetarian. Really restricts the food options! When he and his family lived with us for a year, my diet really changed to accommodate him! For my son, we always have a G-F option available when he visits and that is no big deal. We now know the good and bad G-F items.

1 Like