The Mysterious Disappearance of Gabby Petito

Seems like Laundrie is now missing too. No one has seen him since Tuesday.

I’m thinking the Petito family statement here is appropriate:
“All of Gabby’s family want the world to know that Brian is not missing, he is hiding. Gabby is missing.”

1 Like

I think #2. He left her somewhere and then she disappeared and he doesn’t know what to do now.

A body has been found in Wyoming.

Well, it looks like option #3 is out.
I’d say the option #1 / option #2 looks like a 90%/10% probability at this point.

Well that’s horrifically tragic, but at least the family isn’t wondering and hoping she’s alive when she’s not.
:cry:

1 Like

She’s white. That’s necessary, but not sufficient.

She’s white + attractive. That’s also necessary, but also still not sufficient.

She’s white + attractive + petite. That trio = “media gives it attention.”

One can also substitute “petite” with “slightly above average build” if “has young kids and lives in a stereotypical suburban neighborhood” applies.

1 Like

I’m not convinced that petite is a requirement to generate media interest. Thin, perhaps. But if a smoking hot blonde 6’ tall woman disappeared, I think the media interest would be considerable.

I think it would depend on how sexual she presented herself. The petite + youthfulness has a virginal, innocent component to it. Same thing with a young mother. A sexy mother with three kids by three different guys wouldn’t get the same attention.

I wanted to say “thin” but I didn’t think that was the right word I was going for. I finally settled on petite as the “best” way to describe it, and really as I think about it more there’s probably other qualifiers that should be applied.

Put it this way: Chunky Stacey very likely isn’t getting national media time if she goes missing. Neither is Trashy Tracy who’s fairly attractive and pretty slim but has a spiderweb neck tattoo and septum piercing.

3 Likes

petite means short

RIP hot white girl :frowning:

2 Likes

It’s like the chick who disappeared in Aruba years ago all over.

How many missing persons are there daily who get zero media attention?

2 Likes

In clothing, petite has to do with dimensions, but when a woman is referred to as petite, it often means dainty and speaks to her frame as much as her height.

This thread has turned into a meta-thread. It seems to be only focusing it’s attention on the status of the young, thin, pretty blonde. Two other women are also dead (but they fail the young, thin, pretty blonde test) and their deaths are most likely related to Petito and/or Laundrie.

https://instagram.com/bizarre_design_?utm_medium=copy_link

His Instagram tagline is “bug bites are better than being brainwashed by the media”. First clue that he is crazy. Right now all the comments are asking him where is gabby or accusing him of being a murderer.

Gabby’s Instagram: Login • Instagram

They are really playing up the perfect relationship on there :grimacing:

2 Likes

She also had 160,000 followers on Instagram at the time of her disappearance documenting her van life travels, so while not massive, more of a base than typical random girl.

People are commenting how many of her posts were edited on august 25 which seems suspicious

1 Like

For the record, I went to a high school where all the kids admitted our English department was shitty. Vocabulary was not tested in “law school” and all my lines on the set were handed to me.

Things like once saying pro-TEST-ants instead of PROT-es-tants? de-TEN-tay instead of de-TAHNT? I’m blaming that on someone else too.

That seems non-sequitor Ted. Was there something in her posts or vlogs that people have to interpret about her pronunciation or vocabulary?

I made the comment about petite being a requirement for the media paying attention to a woman that’s disappeared, which kicked off a couple posts about petite meaning “short” or “dainty” and so I …

2 Likes