The Kids Thread

Later that day “Let’s make scones, but instead of cooking them, just eat the dough.”

“okay?”

2 Likes

“I want to wear a pretty dress, but I also want to do craft painting…”

“Just pick an ugly one!”

20 minutes later, she pops up with shorts, tanktop, and golden cloak.

“What, you think I’ll spill paint on my back!?”

1 Like

2 Likes

Had an interesting conversation with my daughter and son in law yesterday.

I mentioned an acreage we hunt on, agricultural but cant be used. Part of it is floodplain, part of its a hill thats too steep to work. I think itd be perfect to get zoned residential, and build a house at the top of the hill overlooking the river.

My son in law ids a carpenter, wants to build a house in the country. Blue skying, he said he would build a barnominium and we could live in. Im not living in a granny flat lol, so.we morphed to talking about building two barnominiums, seperated by a huge shop.

He sounds serious, as does my daughter. My wife is interested because it means we are living next door to the grandkids. And i am very interested because i want to live in the country.

All speculation, and would be years away, but i never thought we’d be talking about living beside our kids.

They were serious enough that im going to go to the municipality this week and find out about zoning.

3 Likes

4 Likes

This but nobody is carrying anything. My kid just moves around like she’s Biden.

2 Likes

Wife: okay quick quick, hop in the car like a bunny!

2 minutes later.

Uber driver: that wasn’t like a bunny at all.

3 Likes

My younger son has been sweet on the family cat recently, and wants to buy her a cat beanie and give her a luxurious cat bed to sleep on.

Earlier today I overheard him talking to the cat.

“You’re just the cutest cat ever. There’s never been a cat cuter than you. Congratulations, ma’am, you just won this very beautiful quilt made by a very beautiful person.

“Actually, I take it back, cats CAN be too cute! Have you ever seen such a cute cat in all your life??” (No idea who he thought he was speaking to at this point)

Then he went and got his baby quilt out of his room and came back.

“You know what’s better than one quilt made by a beautiful person! Two quilts made by a beautiful person. Now THATS cute!”

9 Likes

One of the great joys of parenting is intentionally misusing their favorite phrases.

I told my kids the other day that we were going to buy a new toilet, and I was going to go ask the people at Lowe’s to show me where the skibidi toilets are, because I’ve heard they’re rizz.

My kids were literally rolling on the floor mortified.

5 Likes

no cap, fr fr

2 Likes

dinkin’ flicka

2 Likes

Is this English? I have no idea what this means!

:older_adult:

rizz = charisma. So no, that’s not English because toilets have no rizz, hence the deliberately misusing words idea.

3 Likes

actually got that part

skibidi?

Per Ask Jeeves,

“Skibidi” is a humorous nonsense word with no real meaning.

“Skibidi” is a wacky word that references or makes fun of the absurdity of slang. Depending on the context it can mean “cool,” “dumb,” or “bad,” or just be used as a filler word . It’s associated with meme culture, brain rot, and absurdist humor.

1 Like

I mentioned this thread to BF who mentioned it to his nephew, who texted him this:

Apparently there is a whole channel about this stuff. TIL

1 Like

Older son wanted to make dinner for the family. White rice, unseasoned chicken, green onion, and a boatload of yum yum sauce. It was a valiant effort. He also had a side dish with sliced cucumber and spicy chili sauce.

7 Likes

he seems nice

1 Like

That’s about the best I managed into my mid 30s…

1 Like

At a little lending library my kid randomly grabbed “Your Defiant Child”. After reading a few chapters, she introduced “special time” to us, which is 15-20 minutes a day of doing whatever activity she wants together without any kind of criticism, instruction, or doubt. We played magical kitties for 20 minutes. Then she wrote up a detailed report on how well it went.

Your kids adulting you is funny.

8 Likes