The GoActuary 2021 Celebrity Death Pool

I’m going to be playing in a dead pool next year with a little cash on the line. Anyone care to share their favorite sites/strategies for this pool?

Really old people and people with late stage cancer?

1 Like

My list should help you.

Greg Gilbert scores for at least 1 player

Abdelaziz Bouteflika: DEAD!

Mr. Bouteflika is best known as former President of Algeria. Bouteflika served during the Algerian War. After Algeria gained its independence from France, he served as the Minister of Foreign Affairs between 1963 until 1979. He served as President of the United Nations General Assembly during the 1974–1975 session. In 1999, Bouteflika was elected president of Algeria. He presided over the end of the Algerian Civil War in 2002 when he took over the project of his immediate predecessor President Liamine Zéroual, and he ended emergency rule in February 2011 amidst regional unrest.
Bouteflika resigned on April 2, 2019 after months of mass protests. With nearly 20 years in power, he is the longest-serving head of state of Algeria to date.Bouteflika died September 17 at the age of 84.

hotkarl is knocking on the door for first place, and frummie also scores.

Standings:

contestant Normal Deaths Tragic Deaths Unique Deaths Total Points
Maphisto’s Sidekick 9 0 1 87
hotkarl 7 1 3 85
PatientZombie 5 0 2 45
frummie 4 0 1 40
Werewolf 3 1 1 34
Macroman 3 0 0 28
traina 1 1 0 26
soyleche 0 0 0 0

Greg Gilbert: DEAD!

Mr. Gilbert was frontman of the British indie rock band Delays. Formed in 2001, they hailed from Southampton with Greg as their lead vocalist. Greg’s brother Aaron was part of the band with Colin Fox and Rowly. Since first being signed, the group produced four studio albums. Three of these made it into the top 30 of the UK Albums Chart. The band was due to release their fifth studio album in 2013 but other projects led to it being delayed. Gilbert died of bowel cancer today at age 44.

PatientZombie gets the trifecta, a unique and tragic hit.

Standings:
hotkarl 7 1 3 85
PatientZombie 5 1 3 66
frummie 4 0 1 40
Werewolf 3 1 1 34
Macroman 3 0 0 28
traina 1 1 0 26
soyleche 0 0 0 0

John Rigas: DEAD!

Mr. Rigas was an American businessman who was one of the founders of Adelphia Communications Corporation, which at its peak was one of the largest cable TV companies in the United States. He was also the majority owner of the Buffalo Sabres franchise of the National Hockey League. In 2005, he was convicted on multiple charges of fraud and sentenced to 15 years in prison. He died today at age 96.

PatientZombie gets the daily double, two unique deaths in one day!

Standings:

hotkarl 7 1 3 85
PatientZombie 6 1 4 76
frummie 4 0 1 40
Werewolf 3 1 1 34
Macroman 3 0 0 28
traina 1 1 0 26
soyleche 0 0 0 0

'bout time! I had that guy on my list from 2017-2020!

Hope to get my list together in time to rejoin the game next year…I guess I’ll have to replace Rigas though…

Sorry you missed it this year. Looking forward to having you in 2022!

a scary sentiment from the grim reaper

1 Like

TIL that the aborigine in Crocodile Dundee and in Australia were portrayed by the same actor.

Not sure I’ve seen any of his other films. But RIP.

1 Like

Had him for next year, assuming we play again

Charlie’s Country was one of his last films for which he won best actor at Cannes. I recommend it.

1 Like

David Gulpilil: DEAD!

Gulipilil was an Aboriginal Australian of the Yolngu people who was raised in a traditional lifestyle in Arnhem Land in northern Australia. He was a skilled dancer as a young man when British director Nicolas Roeg recognised his talent. He went on to do many movies and some television. He died November 29 at the age of 68.

hotkarl has a unique hit and takes the lead.

Standings:

hotkarl 8 1 4 89
PatientZombie 6 1 4 76
frummie 4 0 1 40
Werewolf 3 1 1 34
Macroman 3 0 0 28
traina 1 1 0 26
soyleche 0 0 0 0
1 Like

Bruh. I cannot find the post for the 2022 game.

1 Like

The nice thing about 2022 is that I can use the exact same list…

2 Likes

I assumed someone ne was posting about Dole

1 Like

Oh, yeah, Bob Dole dead