The covid virgins club

And the person im visiting right now just tested positive with covid. The only reason they even tested was because i brought tests with me. Covid virginity about to be taken from me. I had a good run. Merry fucking covid Christmas

1 Like

Is there any point in my social distancing what so ever at this point? We are in the same house and said person was also not feeling well yesterday when we werent social distancing at all. We didnt know it was covid until now. I think ive already been super exposed

get your paxlovid

Im not even showing symptoms yet though

But im sure it is coming as i think i was previously just not exposed

1 Like

Also i am away from home so not sure how id go about getting paxlovid. Even if i was home i think my doctor would say no because im under 50

You won’t get paxlovid unless positive. Look up test to treat sites for your friend or telehealth. The list of qualifiers for paxlovid is broad.

Yeah i meant if i test positive of course. Im not going to waste a test until i have definite symptoms or at least wait a few days to let the virus do its evil. Seems that 2 to 3 days from exposure is when symptoms show and i was exposed likely yesterday at a minimum

Looked up test treat sites. One is under 2 miles from here. Depends on if they want to go. Said the symptoms so far is a slight fever and aches and fatigue

Ill test myself either when i have sympoms or monday if that comes first.

What also sucks about this is this is the first week off ive taken from work since like may and im likely going to spend it sick. I so needed a work break. I guess at least i dont have to work while sick though as i was extremely busy the last few months

1 Like

Like many illnesses, people get lucky and don’t pass it on even to people they are close with. My mom got covid and my dad cared for her constantly, even sleeping in the same bed. He never got sick. Wish you the best of luck, you never know.

4 Likes

Is sick or covid-sick separate from PTO?

Paxlovid is paid by the government, so any cost is for whatever provider to prescribe it. It’s a holiday weekend so I’d be inclined to get it and not need it then feel like death on Christmas.

Sick is separated from vacation days, but i lose all vacation days on january 1 so it doesn’t matter

There is a teeny tiny chance i brought covid here from my flight since i flew here the day they likely contracted it, but i am pretty sure that they got it from something they went to and not from me and therefore im gonna have symptoms shortly, but we will see

Oh i see i can easily order covid tests off amazon to be delivered. I might test myself soon.

Oh Tuesday to my apartment but not until thursday here. Might hold off testing

My Dad had Covid over the summer and he & my stepmom were not social distancing until he tested positive and my stepmom never caught it. My stepmom is 69, so higher risk than you.

My mom had Covid and she & her boyfriend didn’t social distance before her diagnosis and he never caught it. I’m not sure if he went back to his house when she caught it but he more or less lives with my mom at this point despite owning his own place a few miles away. He’s 75.

I think you still have a chance of not catching it. Obviously you’re facing an increased risk, but it’s not inevitable that you’ll get it.

2 Likes

I was riding in a car with a guy for a couple of days before I knew I had COVID. He did not catch it.

1 Like

Actually doing the math and there is almost no way i brought it here. I got here tuesday night and their symptoms started yesterday.

So any real point to social distancing? Im going with no. I was already super exposed.

Yeah ive heard of cases where only one person in the household gets it. We will see. There are 2 other people here - a roommate and me

I was worried id get covid on a flight back and be stuck in my apartment where i hate being or at my parents house that i flew direct to last month and where id be scared of infecting them. This is the best of those 3 options if i have to lose my covid virginity

I’m kind of a dumbass about this. The person I’m visiting was exposed Friday, December 16. The source later tested positive but was asymptomatic. I thought my coming Tuesday night meant all was in the clear. Probably wasn’t. I’ve been probably exposed to covid since I got here, but the symptoms didn’t become super obvious until yesterday.

2 Likes