The covid virgins club

yeah, this isn’t my mother’s normal experience with a cold. not sure what’s up with this one.

This is worse than covid was for her.

Bill Clinton is out!

That post has an entirely different meaning from the one you intended when the reader (me) has forgotten what thread the post is in! :crazy_face:

3 Likes

I read it a second time in Kramer’s voice.

4 Likes

I caught a cold (tested negative for COVID/Flu) in mid-Oct that was BAD. Lasted for about 4 weeks even with steroids and antibiotics in case it had become bronchitis. Was maybe 85% recovered but still coughing and that lasted about a week before it all came back again. I AM STILL COUGHING and pretty tired of it.
Hope your mom feels better soon!

4 Likes

yikes, that’s terrible :frowning: i hope you feel better soon.

someone I know had something similar in July. I think he was sick for a month and also with steroids and antibiotics, but at first they wouldn’t give him either. Also tested negative for covid. He wound up losing his voice for a while too.

this shit sounds worse than covid for many.

Ditto

I read about a specific type of parainfluenza that may cause these longer lasting illnesses. Seriously wondering if that’s what I had in August when I was sick most of the month. I don’t tend to get that sick for that long.

the weird thing about what my mother has is nobody who was around her caught it. she is feeling somewhat better now, but still coughing.

2 Likes

Thanks for the well wishes! I am back to the 85-90% better range so hoping it really is ending this time. Mine also is apparently not contagious (after the original cold which was the first 3-4 days) as nobody around me has caught it either. Next week will be two months.

1 Like

Guys, i was at a potential super spreader event yesterday and part of today, but really yesterday. wish me luck! :grimacing:

1 Like

good luck aofan!

i tested negative today. realized the symptom I have for this “whatever” issue was exactly like my strangest covid symptom: severe sinus pressure and headache with ZERO (0) actual sinus congestion. just pulsing pain in the eyes, cheekbone, and molars. I had covid almost 90 days ago. don’t have it again, but whatever I do have sucks.

3 Likes

that sounds unpleasant. hope you feel better soon.

Even without sinus congestion it could be a sinus infection.

1 Like

I found out I shared car rides on T and W with someone who just tested positive last night.

I also found out the work covid policy was lifted at some point. It’s apparently now simply “don’t come in if you feel sick”.

1 Like

the work covid policies don’t necessarily make sense anymore when we have vaccines and treatments now when there is also RSV and the flu going around which can be just as bad or worse than covid.

kinda surprised that i don’t seem to have caught any of the 3 viruses going around at that super spreader event. there was a lot of coughing.

Maybe you have an intimidating immune system.

1 Like

nah, my immune system is idiotic. i test positive for stupid things like epstein barr that nobody else gets past age 25.

i think my luck with covid will eventually run out. i think i somehow just have been lucky that with the few super spreader events i’ve gone to, it didn’t enter my body.

@JFG, did you ever figure out where you caught covid? For my mother it is a little bit of a mystery. For my sister, she took so many risks that its pretty obvious both times.

Yeah I think so.