The covid virgins club

how is LGBT high risk?

Dunno.

Come to think of it, the BF got prescribed it too, and his doctor is a random one assigned to him.

Maybe requirements are different here.

my sister had covid for a 2nd time recently. sheā€™s under 50. she was barely sick at all. paxlovid would have been a complete waste of time for her, connections or not.

Iā€™m definitely not barely sick. I was having chills and muscle aches/weakness, and it was coming on strong.

Sore throat too.

In Spain now and havenā€™t bothered to try to track one down

Just got a test and confirm I am no longer in the covid virgin club

3 Likes

My under 50 sister was prescribed paxlovid but perhaps that was due to being in a higher risk group

I meant under 50 but without risk factors for developing severe disease

A lot of doctors think that itā€™s better to avoid paxlovid if you are at low risk, but they can proscribe it for anyone. Thereā€™s no longer a shortage.

Iā€™m up.

This shit is not pretty

Sorry you two got booted from the club, especially during your trip AI. Hope you both feel better soon.

I am over 50 but not at serious risk. At my second bout in August decided with doc over telemed appt to forgo paxlovid since I seemed to be on the mend at the time. Nasal congestion was my longest lingering cold symptom. It took a few weeks to regain stamina though, but thatā€™s probably since I am not in great shape.

During lockdown, I preferred the week I spent in ICU with my heart than the three weeks I spent out of commission (chills, aches, fatigue) with my first case of COVID.

Thankfully, with vaccinations and meds, fewer people get to enjoy such an experience.

Glad youā€™re on the mend.

I have friends who caught covid recently. Heā€™s 65 with no special risk factors. Both were boosted last summer, but hadnā€™t yet had the fall booster*. Sheā€™s 68 with some immune issues. Their doctor recommended paxlovid for her, but not for him. And due to the rebound, it took her longer to recover than it took him.

Both are fine now, though.

*/ She actually had the fall booster, but only 2 days before she was exposed to her germy grandchild. Thatā€™s not enough time for it to have helped.

lol I meant Iā€™m up from bed.

Last night was tough. Still having chills. Iā€™ve cranked my heat way up to oven temperature, wearing double socks, heavy jacket, drinking hot ginger tea.

Muscle soreness mostly gone.
Throat hurts a lot from all the coughing, but itā€™s not getting worse.

Some phlegm, not too bad. Can breathe normally.

Best wishes.

1 Like

Had you gotten the bivalent booster?

That sounds nasty.

I dunno what that is. I stopped following boosters after 3 doses of moderna

Omicron specific that came out in September

no :frowning:

The first 3 moderna traumatized me enough. Itā€™s almost like catching covid.

High blood pressure maybe