The Bidens' Bank Account

So what’s the deal here? Is it common for people in their 50’s to share bank accounts with their parents (assuming they’re not in business together and the parents don’t have dementia or something)? Or is a president intermingling finances with a shady son only a big deal when the president has a different letter after his name?

:rofl: jfc just :rofl:

:yawning_face: I’d like to discuss [insert list of politicians who somehow came out of Congress much richer than they were previously, on a roughly $174K/yr salary]'s bank accounts.

Please start a thread for each of those. I’d like to start with Newt Gingrich, Mitch McConnell, Ted Cruz and Dennis Hastert (well, until he went to prison and lost it all).

1 Like

I can think of 1 politician who left with less money. But that’s not important.

You okay with the president sharing a bank account with his shady son? Didn’t he say he had no idea about Hunter’s business dealings?

2 Likes

Well, if he has no idea about his son’s business dealings, he may not think he is sharing a bank account with a shady son, and just a normal son.

Maybe there was a time in Hunter’s life when he needed help financially, and sharing a bank account made that easier. Shouldn’t be an issue unless gift taxes come into play at some point.

I knew there had to be a logical explanation.

I was joint with my parents on at least some of their bank accounts.

It made covering bills when they passed MUCH easier, as I could change ownership and not risk the accounts being frozen while waiting for probate to acknowledge administration authority for their estates.

Oh, so this is simply an estate planning thing.

You are asking if sharing a bank account is common. What % is needed for be common?

Yes, there are reasons why adults may share a bank account with their adult children. Estate planning is a common reason. Does it apply here? Maybe.

Other speculative reasons: Joe has spent a lot of time in Washington DC and Hunter could have simply been helping to manage things at their home in Delaware, since you know he is a deadbeat son with nothing better to do other than drugs.

Maybe Joe helped out Hunter from time to time financially. We know 1) Hunter has made poor choices in his past and 2) Joe has publicly said he is proud of Hunter in spite of 1.

Another reason: it is all shady stuff linking Joe to foreign influence through Hunter’s and this account.

Speculating is fun, isn’t it?

Yes. Joe Biden was so busy in DC that he turned his personal finances over to his deadbeat meth-head son. That’s the kind of decision making we need in Washington.

I hear you’re concerned about presidential children

During their father’s presidency, the brothers continued to do deals and investments in foreign countries, as well as collect payments in their U.S. properties from foreign governments, despite a pledge that they would not do so

He cooperated with Russia in their interference in the 2016 United States elections and had a meeting with a Russian lawyer who promised damaging information about the campaign of Hillary Clinton in the 2016 presidential election.[4][5][6] He has promoted several conspiracy theories.[7][8][9][10] Trump has engaged in attempts to overturn the 2020 United States presidential election following his father’s electoral defeat; he has promoted the stolen election conspiracy theory and advocated “total war” instead of completion of vote counting.[11][12] He spoke at the rally that led to the storming of the Capitol, where he threatened Trump’s opponents that “we’re coming for you.”[13] On January 11, 2021, Attorney General for the District of Columbia Karl Racine said that he is looking at whether to charge Donald Trump Jr. with inciting the violent attack on the U.S. Capitol in the criminal investigation into the attack.[14]

Donald Trump Jr. - Wikipedia.

That’s great. If Trump is re-elected in 2024, I’ll be sure to look into that.

Now, what about the sitting president? You know, the one who currently has the power.

It’s well known that Wikipedia is a reliable source, so I’m glad you referenced that.

Didn’t we have a 2 year investigation into this and found out it was actually made up by the Clinton Campaign? Also I thought we weren’t suppose to question election integrity.

You’re not allowed to question election integrity if Democrats win. If Republicans win, then it’s game on.

Sharing a bank account is not turning over your personal finances.

No you won’t.

Dude, it was your theory.

Nope.

I guess we are done with another thread because of your shitposting.

My apologies. it must have been someone else who said:

That is not turning over your personal finances.