The Attempted Coup of the United States of America

I agree they’re mostly for political grandstanding, but I think useful information could still come out of this. For one, HOW were those people able to physically break into the Capitol? Did the Capitol police not use enough force at the beginning?

The sad thing is, now the Capitol is probably going to look like a fortress from here on out, whereas before it looked at least somewhat approachable, despite the long steps facing the mall.

2 Likes

No surprise as most of these people blame Biden for the attack on the Capitol.

https://twitter.com/howardmortman/status/1600166569807872000?s=46&t=D3py6B2-ArWeJDJNzXbYDA

Video at link

5 Likes

Trump’s legal team is in court arguing he should be immune from lawsuits related to 1/6 because his actions concern making a presidential speech on a matter of public concern.

The Fulton County special grand jury investigating interference in the election has completed it’s work

:popcorn:

1 Like

4 more convicted of seditious conspiracy just for going on an ordinary tourist visit

3 Likes

Have any of the sentences been determined yet? Not just for these four but for any of them? (I assume it’s too early for these four to have been sentenced.)

:popcorn:

HOW MANY HAVE BEEN SENTENCED

1. According to the DOJ, about 335 people have received sentencing in relation to the January 6 attacks, and approximately 185 have been sentenced to time in prison. Florida resident Paul Hodgkins was the first person federally sentenced in relation to the attack. He received eight months in federal prison and two years of supervised release.
1 Like

I thought I saw a May 2nd sentencing date from a report yesterday.

1 Like

Just a simple tourist plan of the Capital.

Larry Brock, his sentencing hearing is today.

1 Like

This is pretty much what all tourists do when visiting the Capitol

3 Likes

“Hey, let’s have an insurrection. Then, Trump can declare martial law. Then he stays president!!”

Who is LEO?

Law enforcement officers.

1 Like

“Do not kill LEO unless necessary,” he wrote, apparently referring to law enforcement officers.

How much violence will there be next week?

2 Likes

My guess. Minimal.

• Murdoch and his media propaganda machine have moved on from T the Loser.
  • The PAC and dark conservative money has shifted to Nikki Haley with options if she can’t get enough traction.
  • The general MAGA cult is infested with grifters and wannabes dissipating the concerted force needed to drive a big violent push.
  • I haven’t heard Trump mentioned in a while on the far-right Christian national media.

while true, there are alos many people pushed further to the right for newsmax/OAn type places.

Another deterrent is that last time he stoked the violence and people paid the price…none of those people were him (yet).

but we have a lot of evidence in this country that a single person so inclined can cause an unbelievable amount of violence and destruction. so we have to hope they are not heeding the call now or ever, really.

1 Like

Thank you for the research.

I didn’t want to do my own.