The Attempted Coup of the United States of America

I don’t think the Chief Justice has any real actual powers, but they do assign who will write the Court’s opinion.

I think he has some power over which cases they court chooses to hear but as noted the biggest thing is he gets to choose who writes the opinion for cases.

Roberts is the most moderate justice on the SCOTUS, and has often sided with the liberals in cases. I highly doubt he’s a Trump fan.

You know your country is in trouble when Al-Jazeera is the voice of reason

1 Like

Supreme Court declines to hear Texas case, ending Trump’s effort to overturn election

1 Like

Just turned on Newsmax to hear Greg Kelly say “its not over, no way”.

Wow, the MI AG is pretty kick-ass.

Nessel took aim at Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton ® and the other state attorneys general who have signed onto the lawsuit, saying that as attorney general, “I took an oath to uphold the Michigan constitution and the United States constitution to the best of my ability, so help me God.”

“I don’t know what they did in these other states, I don’t know what their oath was to, I don’t know if they swore to uphold the tiny, fragile ego of a man who cares about nothing but himself, but they sold their souls and I hope it was worth it to them,” she added.

4 Likes

Damn, girl!!!

3 Likes

In other words, “Hey Texas, we can’t understand why you think this is any of your business.”

1 Like

I looking forward to hear what Trump says about his appointees who didn’t side with Alito and Thomas who wanted to hear the case.

Unfortunately when you appoint highly educated Constitutional scholars to the Supreme Court they probably won’t see overturning elections as a proper course of action. Trump only knows loyal or disloyal though, he does not understand when people operate on morality and justice.

1 Like

You guys remember the pro trump posters on the AO who told us that 2016 would usher in a new era of bipartisanship? Trump reaching across the aisle to Pelosi and Schumer?

Man those guys were dumb.

4 Likes

I’m waiting for Corn Row to appear here with a case of a death attributed to COVID after a car accident, as evidence that the actual number of deaths due to COVID is only about 15% of what is claimed, and that they are all old people that don’t really matter.

It’s the only way to truly christen the new AO

I actually don’t remember that! Which posters were claiming this?

Seems like Trump doesn’t want to personally criticize his appointees so he’s leaving it up to a retweet…

Ito specifically made the Schumer Pelosi comment. But most Trump posters thought we overreacted to a potential Trump presidency.

We underreacted.

2 Likes

So now we have a lot of Republicans that lost in 2020 declaring they will not concede since the elections were riddled with fraud. I believe we have reached the Rubicon. Elections no longer determine who the people want to govern them if the Republican loses, sometimes by 40-50 points. How does democracy survive this mess?

1 Like

It doesn’t if they ever get back into power. We must vote them out of every office, right down through shit licker at the local animal shelter.